Subject: Raw Chat Log for SCA Bindings TC Teleconf 13 Jan 2011

Agenda:
1: Administrivia

Roll Call

Agenda bashing

2. Approval of the minutes from 2 December:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bindings/download.php/40480/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202010-12-02.doc

3. Actions

None

4. New Issues

No new issues

5. CD/PR status

JMS Binding Test assertions/test cases PR complete, no comments received.

JMS Binding spec 15-day PR still pending, awaiting response from TC admin.

6. TC Status, future plans

The TC has come to a key point in its lifecycle. The Web Services and
JMS binding specifications and test suites are complete as far as the TC
is concerned and close to become Committee Specifications, along with
specifications from other OASIS SCA TCs. We have no open issues or
action items.

The JMS binding is however not currently able to complete the
standardisation process as this requires two conforming implementations
and currently there is only one known implementation, in Tuscany. So far
no TC member has identified and existing implementation or committed to
produce an implementation, so for the moment the JMS binding work is
stalled.

There are two potential additional bindings which the TC has agreed in
principle are in its scope of work: JCA and HTTP.

The JCA binding has completed public review, however has stalled because
there is currently no known implementation of the JCA binding against
which the test suite could be written and executed. There is a
possibility of an implementation in Tuscany, however without a second
implementation this would not ensure that the standardisation work could
complete.

The HTTP binding has an initial working draft and a documented set of
use cases
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201009/msg00030.html)
but has not received any further attention from the TC. As part of this
we would need to complete the specification work and identify two
conformant implementations.

In order to progress any further in this TC, the following work items
need to be completed:

o Identify second JMS binding implementation
o Identify potential JCA binding implementations
(may be possible to include one in Tuscany)
o Author JCA binding test suite
o Identify potential HTTP binding implementations
(possibly Tuscany HTTP binding could be adapted to conform)
o Author HTTP binding specification based on existing draft and use cases
o Author HTTP binding test suite

In the absence of volunteers for these work items, there is no remaining
current work for the TC. This means calls will be scheduled as requested
by TC members or as required by dependent work from other TCs.

7. AOB

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): scribe: Tom Rutt

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Topic: Review of Agenda

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): No comments on agenda, agenda approved without change

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): topic: Approval of the minutes from 2 December:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bindings/download.php/40480/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202010-12-02.doc

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): No comments on 2 December Minutes, no objection to
approval of minutes of 2 December

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): No action items

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): No new issues

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Topic: CD and PR Status

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): JMS Binding Test assertions/test cases PR complete,
no comments received.

JMS Binding spec 15-day PR still pending, awaiting response from TC admin.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon: schema issues were resolved.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Mike: Schemas were published

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Topic: TC Status, Future Plans

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon reviewed the points from the agenda

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Mike: Fabric 3 has a JMS implementation, but I do
not know if it is compliant with latest spec

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon: question as to whether TC members are
prepared to contribute to JCA and HTTP bindings.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): No comments or opinions

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon: I suggest we investigate a second JMS binding
implementation, and put the other work items on hold.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Eric: Tibco has talked about the http binding, as
far as I know, Tuscany has some kind of HTTP binding.  Perhaps Fabric 3
also has an HTTP binding.  But I am not sure if these implementations
are aligned with the direction or our draft.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon: the Tuscany implementation would require
changes to align

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Mike: Tuscany, and IBM commercial implementations do
exist, however they are closer to being JSON bindings.  We would like to
hear that members from other companies feel this warrants the
standardization effort.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon: I have not received comments on the Use cases
that I prepared.  Thus I do not feel inclined to incorporate these use
cases into a next version of the HTTP binding draft spec.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Eric: I will try to get some concrete understanding
from TIBCO on the kind of commitment we can put into this work.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon: members should look at the use case to make
comments on it regarding moving forward.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): New Action: Mike to Investigate Fabric 3
implementation of JMS binding.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): New Action: Eric to determine potential for
commitment from TIBCO on working on HTTP binding

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Mike: I suggest members ask in their company whether
there is an interest in the JCA binding spec.  IBM is interested, but we
need sufficient support across the industry to warrant further standards
work on JCA binding.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon: unless we hear from others, I suggest the JCA
binding work be put on hold.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Simon: we will have a meeting in two weeks time.  At
that meeting we can discuss our future work and meeting schedule.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Meeting adjourned at 12:35 PM EST.

Sent transcript to: tom@coastin.com

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133