Subject: Raw Chat from SCA Bindings Telcon Feb 3 2011

Simon Holdsworth: Audio conference *UPDATED 10th Jan 2011*

Participant Code: 7059536

USA Toll-Free 888-426-6840 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              888-426-6840      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
USA Caller Paid 215-861-6239 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              215-861-6239      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
UNITED KINGDOM Toll-Free 0800-368-0638 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0800-368-0638      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
UNITED KINGDOM Caller Paid 0-20-30596451 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0-20-30596451      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Ireland Toll-Free 1-800-943-427
Ireland Caller Paid 0-1-5264424 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0-1-5264424      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Bulgaria Toll-Free 00800-117-4514

Other access codes can be found at:
https://www.teleconference.att.com/servlet/glbAccess?process=1&accessCode=7059536&accessNumber=02030596451
Simon Holdsworth: 1. Opening

Introductions

Scribe assignment

Top of the scribe list:

Plamen Pavlov SAP AG
Laurent Domenech TIBCO Software Inc.
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation
Ant Elder IBM
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation
Bryan Aupperle IBM
David Booz IBM
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation
Tom Rutt Fujitsu Limited
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc.

Agenda bashing

2a. Approval of the minutes from 13 January:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40905/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202011-01-13.doc

2b. Approval of the minutes from 27 January:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40993/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202011-01-27.doc

3. Actions

20110113-1 [Mike Edwards] Investigate Fabric 3 implementation of JMS binding.
20110127-1 [Anish Karmarkar] Resolve the question on whether these needed changes to the front matter [of the JMS and WS test case documents to reference the test case artefacts] will require a new draft.

4. New Issues

No new issues

5. JMS URI Specification

Topic requested by Eric Johnson.
The draft is now in the RFC editor queue for publication. Also note that we're up to draft #12.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue2.html#draft-merrick-jms-uri
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merrick-jms-uri/

Looking at the evidence from the queue itself, it looks like the process might take around four months, on the outside, from here.

6. CD/PR status

JMS Binding spec 15-day PR in progress, will complete on 10th February.

7. TC Status, future plans

Continue discussion from last call based on action item progress.

8. AOB
Ashok (Oracle): 75% of voting members present -- quorate
Ashok (Oracle): Topic:  Agenda bashing
Ashok (Oracle): No changes to agenda
Ashok (Oracle): Topic:  Approval of minutes
Ashok (Oracle): Minutes approves w/o objection
Ashok (Oracle): Topic:  Action Items
Ashok (Oracle): 20110113-1 [Mike Edwards] Investigate Fabric 3 implementation of JMS binding.
Ashok (Oracle): Mike:  Fabric 3 have an implementation
Ashok (Oracle): Simon:  So we have 2 implementations of JMS binding
Ashok (Oracle): 20110127-1 [Anish Karmarkar] Resolve the question on whether these needed changes to the front matter [of the JMS and WS test case documents to reference the test case artefacts] will require a new draft.
Ashok (Oracle): Anish contacted Robin.  Robin is busy.
Ashok (Oracle): Topic:  5. JMS URI Specification

Topic requested by Eric Johnson.
The draft is now in the RFC editor queue for publication. Also note that we're up to draft #12.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue2.html#draft-merrick-jms-uri
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merrick-jms-uri/

Looking at the evidence from the queue itself, it looks like the process might take around four months, on the outside, from here.
Ashok (Oracle): Eric:  I wanted to inform people about the JMS URI schema
Ashok (Oracle): ... the apps WG at IETF has worked with us to publish the URI schema as RFC
Ashok (Oracle): ... largest changes is to the variants to the scheme -- JNDI, Topic and Queue
Ashok (Oracle): ... we received comment about registering with IANA
Ashok (Oracle): ... we added text so you can add variant and register with IANA
Ashok (Oracle): ... no major changes.  Fixing some nits here and there.
Ashok (Oracle): Simon:  Sounds like no impact on JMS binding spec
Ashok (Oracle): ... only change would be to the reference to the JMS URI spec
Ashok (Oracle): Bryan:  Asks about process
Ashok (Oracle): Eric:  There have a flowchart detailing the process
Ashok (Oracle): Eric:  It could go quickly ... but some have been on queue for a long time
Ashok (Oracle): Eric:  I can ask how long it will take
Ashok (Oracle): Discussion of which version to refer to
Bryan Aupperle: A TC wishing to update the Normative References or non-Normative References in one of its OASIS specifications to reflect the outcome of a pending status change in another OASIS Work Product may do so, by adopting a "Designated Cross-Reference Change" as part of its Work Product Approval Motion,
Bryan Aupperle: Note the phrase: another OASIS Work Product
Ashok (Oracle): ACTION:  Eric to ask how long the process is likely to take?
Ashok (Oracle): ACTION:  Simon to check on reference with TC Admin
Ashok (Oracle): Topic: 6. CD/PR status

JMS Binding spec 15-day PR in progress, will complete on 10th February.
Ashok (Oracle): Topic: 7. TC Status, future plans

Continue discussion from last call based on action item progress.
Ashok (Oracle): Simon:  We need to resolve issues wrt JMS Binding spec
Ashok (Oracle): Simon:  Suggests we meet in a couple of weeks to discuss action items.
Ashok (Oracle): ... Next call in 2 weeks
Ashok (Oracle): Straggler Roll
Ashok (Oracle): ADJOURNED