Subject: Raw chat log of 2011-02-17 call

Simon Holdsworth: Participant Code:  7059536

USA            Toll-Free    888-426-6840 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
              888-426-6840      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
USA            Caller Paid  215-861-6239
UNITED KINGDOM Toll-Free    0800-368-0638
UNITED KINGDOM Caller Paid  0-20-30596451
Ireland        Toll-Free    1-800-943-427
Ireland        Caller Paid  0-1-5264424
Bulgaria       Toll-Free    00800-117-4514

Simon Holdsworth: 1. Opening

Introductions

Scribe assignment

Top of the scribe list:

Plamen Pavlov SAP AG
Laurent Domenech TIBCO Software Inc.
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation
Ant Elder IBM
Bryan Aupperle IBM
David Booz IBM
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation
Tom Rutt Fujitsu Limited
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc.
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation

Agenda bashing

2. Approval of the minutes from 3 February:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41024/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202011-02-03.doc

3. Actions

20110127-1 [Anish Karmarkar] Resolve the question on whether these
needed changes to the front matter [of the JMS and WS test case
documents to reference the test case artefacts] will require a new draft.
20110203-1 [Eric Johnson] Ask how long the IETF standardization process
is likely to take for the JMS URI spec?
20110203-2 [Simon Holdsworth] Check on reference update for new revision
of IETF JMS URI spec, possible designated cross reference with TC Admin

4. New Issues

No new issues

5. CD/PR status

JMS Binding spec 15-day PR in progress, complete on 10th February.

6. AOB

anish: Scribe: Anish Karmarkar

anish: Topic: Agenda bashing

anish: Agenda approved

anish: Topic: approval of 2011-02-03 minutes

anish:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41024/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202011-02-03.doc

anish: Minutes approved

anish: Topic: AI review

anish: 20110127-1 [Anish Karmarkar] Resolve the question on whether
these needed changes to the front matter [of the JMS and WS test case
documents to reference the test case artefacts] will require a new draft.
20110203-1 [Eric Johnson] Ask how long the IETF standardization process
is likely to take for the JMS URI spec?
20110203-2 [Simon Holdsworth] Check on reference update for new revision
of IETF JMS URI spec, possible designated cross reference with TC Admin

anish: 20110127-1 done

anish: The TC admin's response was that we have to republish a new rev
if we want to do that update

anish: The TC needs to decide what it would like to do

anish: The process rules do not allow such an update

anish: The J TC has decided to do a new rev if the TC admin can do a
quick turnaround on PR

anish: There is another issue regard this in the J TC, which may require
a new rev. The same may apply to the bindings TC

anish: The issue is that the TC/TAs don't have a conformance section.
And to be a CS, we need a conformance section. The J TC recieved a
comment along those lines from a TAB member

anish: Mike: for the TC doc the conformance clause can be simple -- if
you want to conform pass the tests

anish: ... For the TA doc, this is a little trickier

anish: Simon: updating the conformance section would require a re-review

anish: Mike: yes, the TC is going to need a re-review anyway

anish: s/TC/TC doc/

anish: Simon: sounds like this is applicable to all specs and we should
come up with wordings that we agree on and that can go in all specs

anish: Anish: one thought is that amongst the three-legged stool of
spec, TA and TC docs. The most important ones are the spec and the TC.
So, if necessary, I don't think it would be a big loss to have the TA be
a Committee Note

anish: Bryan: what changes /IPR implication does this have?

anish: Eric: does the TAB TA guideline offer anything wrt to this?

anish: Mike: don't know

anish: Simon: does this need to be decided at a higher level?

anish: Anish: the TC is empowered to decide, but may want to coordinate
it across SCA TCs. Perhaps the liaison committee

anish: Mike: would like to do as little as possible. Nothing wrong with
the specs.

anish: ... since we have to do the TC doc re-review anyway, so doing the
TA doc at the some times doesn't delay anything

anish: Simon: there is a conformance section in the JMS TA doc, which
says that there is no conformance requirement

anish: Anish: this is true of all SCA TA specs. The process rules
require that it state what it takes to conform

anish: Simon: we need someone to take an AI for this

anish: ACTION: Anish to send a proposal wrt TA/TC conformance section

anish: Mike: would need an issue for this

anish: ACTION: Mike to raise an issue regarding conformance sections and