Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] [BINDINGS-146] WS Binding Testcases document hasno conformance section

Logged as: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-146

-Eric.

On 2/24/11 8:54 AM, Mike Edwards wrote:
OFBDB8F669.56392F26-ON80257841.005B1054-80257841.005C28F1@uk.ibm.com" type="cite">
Target:  sca-wsbinding-1.1-testcases-cd01.pdf

The OASIS process requires that all CS/OS have a conformance section.
Currently our testcase document says there are no conformance criteria

Proposal:

1) Proposal for WS binding testcase document (once we agree on this
spec, we can adapt it to suite JMS/JCA testcase docs):

-----
An implementation that claims to conform to this specification MUST be
able to run all applicable tests in Section 2 TestCases, producing the
Expected Output. As described in Section 1.1.2 Test Application the test
suite can be adapted to suit the requirements of a specific
implementation technology by replacing second-level composites,
replacing binding used to connect from the top-level composite to the
client application, replacing the contributions BWS_nnn_Java and
BWS_General_Java with appropriate implementation technology specific
contributions, and by changing the appropriate system or environment
variable.

Note that conforming to this specification is considered a necessary
though not a sufficient condition to conform to the [SCA-WSBinding]
specification.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 146, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)