Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Untested conformance items in the JMS binding

Folks,

For any new proposed tests, I would like to see the actual testcases proposed.

Some of the mandatory TAs are very hard to test because of the variability which applies to the
way in which certain JMS capabilities might be implemented by a given runtime/JMS implementation.
If someone can come up with an inventive but valid way of dealing with this, then wonderful, but these
tests were left undone for good reasons.

Without actual testcases, I'll be voting against an issue that makes a requirement to add these tests to
the testcase suite.  It is not reasonable to dump a serious challenge into someone else's lap.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 137, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)