Subject: JMS Binding testcases document updated

Following on from my comments below I decided to update the JMS test assertions corresponding to untested cases by adding a comment that explains why the assertions are untested/untestable, along the lines explained below.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42304/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-csd01-rev4.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42305/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-csd01-rev4.pdf

For BJM60010 there is no testcase because it applies to the correlationScheme, which can take one of three SCA-defined values, or an SCA implementation-specific value.  The SCA defined values are already tested by 3 other test assertions, and implementation-specific values cannot be tested.

This still leaves the open question as to whether we need a new test for BJM60009.

Regards, Simon

__________________

Folks,

I've uploaded a new revision of the JMS binding testcases which includes all resolved issues:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42295/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-csd01-rev3.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42294/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-csd01-rev3.odt

Issues applied:

BINDINGS-154 (also applies to latest JMS spec revision)
BINDINGS-155
BINDINGS-156 (also applies to latest JMS spec revision)
BINDINGS-157 (also applies to latest JMS spec revision)
BINDINGS-158 (also applies to latest JMS spec revision)
BINDINGS-159 (also applies to latest JMS spec revision)

A couple of comments on this revision:

The file name has been changed to remove -1.0, but latest link includes it, so not sure whether we will be able to get away with this change.  Its certainly undesirable and confusing to have two version numbers in the file name:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-bindings/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-1.0.html

All testcases are now mandatory.

There are a number of untested statements:

30013 - No way to simulate an internal failure to create JMS resources
30019 - Can't check internal properties of an activation spec
30022 - Can't check internal properties of an activation spec
30037 - No way to simulate an internal failure to create JMS resources
50002 - No way to inspect the bindingType element
60006 - Runtime behaviour cannot be checked
60009 - No testcase following recent change from SHOULD to MUST - existing action item
60010 - Not sure why there's no testcase for this one.
60018 - Tested by other tests.

I'll look into why 60010 has no testcase, and already have an action item for 60009, so I think all the bases are covered.

Regards, Simon