Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] [Comment] Web Services Binding specification - optionalconformance points

Mike,

Comments below

Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB wrote on 02/06/2011 17:10:28:

> From: Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB

> To: "OASIS Bindings" <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
> Date: 02/06/2011 17:04
> Subject: [sca-bindings] [Comment] Web Services Binding specification
> - optional conformance points

> Folks,
>
> Somehow I think that we have overlooked the Web Services binding
> spec when considering optional normative statements.
>
> So this email is intended to kick start the discussion, which will
> lead to some issues, I think.
>
> The following is a list of optional normative statements in sca-
> wsbinding-1.1-spec-cd04.doc:
>
> BWS20022   (see also BWS20023)

Covered by BINDINGS-153, I have opened a new issue specifically for this statement proposing to make it mandatory, and remove BWS20023.

> BWS20029
> BWS20030

Covered by BINDINGS-153, I have opened a new issue specifically for these two statements proposing to make BWS20029 non-normative and delete BWS 20030

> BWS20034
> BWS20036

Covered by BINDINGS-153, still an open question as to whether SOAP 1.2 support should be optional and if so, how we handle that.

> BWS40007

Covered by BINDINGS-153, needs more discussion, Anish stated that for interop this really ought to be a MUST, its not an optional feature or recommendation.  I have opened a new issue specifically for this statement.

> BWS50014
> BWS50015

Not mentioned in BINDINGS-153, so should have a new issue if a change is proposed.

> There are also the Section 6 Conformance items to consider:
>
> Section 6.4 Item 2
> Section 6.4 Item 3
>
> Plus the whole question of WSCB support
> - do we have 2 implementations? - if not we have to split the spec  :-(
>
> Yours, Mike

> Dr Mike Edwards
>  Mail Point 137, Hursley Park
>  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN