Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Re: [members] Please follow these steps to avoidproblems with your requests for TC Admin support

Few comments:

1) WRT the suggestion from Chet:

"One option is to use the "Latest Version" link from the spec's front
page in your cross-reference. This will resolve to the latest of the
CSD's for the specific specification rather than to the published
version at the time you approved your CSD. Your risk there of course
is that the most recent CSD may have changes in it that you haven't
accounted for in your spec - that is a risk you would need to weigh
yourselves."

I don't believe the normative reference format in the template allows
that. The URL in the reference may point to the latest link, but the
reference has to list the title, date and state/stage of the OASIS spec.

2) This is how the SCA-J TC is planning to deal with its reference
problem (note there aren't any cyclic dependencies here, so the SCA-J TC
doesn't need the DCRs; at least not yet):
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201107/msg00029.html

3) I think between DCRs (if they are extended to CSDs; currently they
are not) and allowing specs to reference other specs that are in the
TCAdmin pipeline as outlined in (2) above, we should be able to solve
our reference problems. I'm not in favor of using references to the
'latest'. Especially with the new OASIS policy in mind, of requiring at
least a 15-day review if there is any change to the spec (other than
front page matter). A change in reference may be a big deal for a spec.
And it is not always easily apparent if it is a big deal or not for a
particular spec unless you examine it closely. The referenced spec
itself may not have changed except for maybe one of *its* references and
so on -- it is turtles all the way down. Allowing a spec to reference
the latest link of another spec is just asking for trouble IMHO.