Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Recent SCA interest

Jeff,

I have difficulty following your argument. Even if Switchyard is not conformant to SCA, that does not discount the claim that there is market interest in SCA. In fact, Switchyard is a new project and it appears they have invested heavily in the past year adopting SCA. Whether it conforms 100% to every normative statement in the Assembly, WS Binding, and Policy specifications isn't the point. Obviously the Switchyard project finds SCA useful and they have invested time and resources into supporting it.

I am not sure how IPR policy enters into this conversation. However, since it has been brought up, one of my concerns about efforts to block the SCA specifications from reaching CS status is that it results in a situation where IPR protections will not kick in for SCA runtimes, including the conformant ones that already exist.

Jim