Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Do we really need a call on Thursday?

Given Jim's request and the short notice I'm going ahead with today's call.

I do however agree with the point that if the only thing we have on the agenda is to approve the previous minutes and check on whether an action item is complete, that's not a great use of 10 or so people's time.  If that's the case I'd suggest that after today's call we hold off scheduling the following call until we have specific TC business, e.g. agreeing the CSD request for the updated testcase package.

My personal feeling at this stage on the topic of new binding specifications, is that there is sufficient extensibility in the existing specs to support new bindings.  While it may be valuable to document them, I can't see there being sufficient interest/energy in the TC to go through the review/standardisation process - however of course that's up to the TC membership. There is nothing to stop you submitting a draft binding specification to the TC.  There's an HTTP binding specification [1] which I submitted to the TC in 2008 (!) [2] which has attracted no interest at all.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/30138/sca-binding-http-1.1-spec-wd01.doc
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200810/msg00078.html

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, WebSphere ESB Product Architect
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

From:        Jim Marino <jim.marino@gmail.com>
To:        Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>,
Cc:        "sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org" <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        22/08/2013 09:03
Sent by:        <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>

I think it is worthwhile to have a meeting. I'm sorry you disagree.

I need to discuss progress on the test cases as well as have specific technical questions regarding the JMS binding testcases and conformance.

In addition I would like to discuss adding specifications for additional bindings including MQTT and AMQP.

These issues are best discussed verbally rather than over email.

Jim