sca-bpel-editors message

Subject: Re: [sca-bpel-editors] CD01 rev 6 uploaded

Dieter,

Sorry for not replying to your email earlier.
My response inlined.

-Anish
--

Dieter Koenig1 wrote:
> Hi Anish, before actually starting with my to-do items, I have looked at
> the document "sca-bpel-1.1-spec-cd-01-rev6.doc".
>
> I have a couple of questions/remarks in order to make sure we get a
> consistent picture and I apologize if I missed any discussion which makes
> these points obsolete.
>
> In the last call, we arranged the editor to-do items such that I am
> responsible for applying issue 17 and 19.
>  - Issue 17 is still open with no final resolution text, so I don't know
> what the resolution has to look like.

Not sure why 17 was included by Najeeb. May be he meant to assign you a
different issue.
But as you point out, it is still open and nothing can be done about it
at this point.

>  - Issue 19 has already been covered together with the finalization of the
> CD - I only need to note this in the Revision History.

Ok. Thanks.

> Even before I do that, a few general points.
>  - Document revisions 3-6 contain the RFC 2119 language discussion in
> section 2.1, triggered by issue 15 and created by Mike Rowley - from the
> last call, I had the impression that this may still not be the final
> terminology. Do we want to base other issue resolution editing on this
> document anyway or do we need to go back to revision 2?

I was hoping to get an approval on that section, but our last meeting
was not quorate. Given that we have not approved the changes in section
2.1. I think the best way forward would be to back-out those changes. We
do have rev6 in the repository so we can always get to it and when/if
approved with or without changes merge it back into the latest. I think
this is the best way forward because I don't whether any of the issue
resolutions affects section 2.1. So this is a safer option.

But don't go to revision 2. Use revision 6 as the base and back out the
changes to section 2.1 (Tools->Track Changes->Accept or Reject Changes)
Word menu option should let you do that. There are some cover
page/footer changes in 6 that are valid and accepted.

>  - Do we still maintain the XML Schema artifacts as separate documents? The
> latest ones on the OASIS site are the renamed artifacts from CD 01 - they
> do not contain updates from issue resolution 14. The update for issue 14
> has only been made in the spec document revision 2, using a wrong XML
> namespace prefix "xs:" (should be unqualified). I can update the standalone
> artifacts and remove the "xs:" prefix when I do my editing job.

Yes, please.

>  - Document revisions 3-6 have an XML Schema (in Appendix A) "XML Schema
> for SCA-BPEL Extensions of WS-BPEL 2.0" with two contradicting definitions
> for the extension attribute "reference" - this does not work at all (I
> don't even know what the intention was - NCName vs QName - list vs singular
> reference - union type instead?).

The type of reference is most certainly NCName.
I believe that the second reference definition is a typo and should have
been the 'requires' attribute of type 'listOfQNames.

I'll put this on the agenda.

-Anish