OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-bpel message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Raw chat room contents for SCA-BPEL TC meeting of 2007-09-27

Michael Rowley: Scribe: Michael Rowley
Alex Yiu: Issue list (manual) : http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/download.php/25426/SCA-BPEL_Issue_List_20070926.html 
Michael Rowley: Roll -- 16 of 22 attending
Michael Rowley: Agenda:
1. Roll Call
2. Appointment of scribe
List attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
Sept 2007 F2F:
5. Action items
Chairs: to check with the SCA Steering committee to decide the version number of the specifications under standardization.
Editors: Refer to assembly and policy spec in the related spec section. Also, to add participants (TC) members list and the OSOA contributors list in the Acknowledgement (page 16) section
Editors: Reference Section 1 (Page 2): Addition to reference element there should be a service element
Editors: Update the syntax of Component in the introduction section to align with assembly syntax
Chairs: Recommended update the steering committee about the amended motion about RFC2119
Danny would raise an issue based on discussion on section 2.4 related to Determinism of partnerlink to reference algorithm and Determinism of same algorithm to local partnerLinks
6. Adminstrivia
a. Use of public email URLs in our minutes, emails, issues, see:
7. New Issues
a. support for BPEL4WS 1.1
   (from Martin Chapman)
b. Does the spec allow a componentType side file?
   (from Anish Karmarkar)
c. Correlation disagreement between SCA and BPEL
   (from Najeeb Andrabi)
d. Title of the resulting spec shouldn't be confusing
   (from Danny van der Rijn)
e. The algorithm for deciding whether a partnerLinkis a service or a reference needs to be deterministic
   (from Danny van der Rijn)
f. Make local partnerLink aliases deterministic
   (from Danny van der Rijn)
6. Issues
  Pending JIRA setup
9. AOB
Michael Rowley: Agenda approved
Michael Rowley: Minutes approved
Michael Rowley: Topic: Discussion when are the minutes uploaded?
Michael Rowley: Decision that scribes will send out unprocessed chat room contents to the list.  Bob (at least temporarily) will process the chat into formatted minutes.
Michael Rowley: In the future the person who took the minutes will run Bob's tool, once Bob has created tools that can be used by anyone.
Michael Rowley: The minute taker will then send out the processed minutes to the list, as draft minutes.
Michael Rowley: Action: owner=Michael will check whether Bob will do this even for TCs he isn't on.
Michael Rowley: Chair will upload minutes when they have been approved.
Michael Rowley: Topic: Action item #0000 r.e. version number.
Michael Rowley: Mike E/Ashok Motion to use version 1.1
Michael Rowley: Martin: 1.1 assumes a slight diff from the previous version.
Michael Rowley: ... in other TCs, where this has been done, it has created a lot of confusion when compatibility has been broken.
Michael Rowley: ... wonders whether 1.1 is appropriate.
Michael Rowley: ... if the version number gets baked into URIs or file names, it will be hard to change.
Michael Rowley: ... we should synchronize this with all TCs.
Michael Rowley: Ivana: Can we open an issue and let the steering committee decide?
Michael Rowley: Alex: Agrees that it should be synchronized with other TCs.
Michael Rowley: Mike E: Agrees with synchrony, but believes it should be 1.1.
Michael Rowley: Martin: Notes that backward compatibility is not required by the charter, so 1.1 could be misleading.
Michael Rowley: Mike E: Right, but we should avoid making backward incompatible changes when possible.
Michael Rowley: Alex: We should avoid putting the version number into any URLs.
Michael Rowley: Vote -- No objections.
Michael Rowley: Resolution: This TC will use version 1.1.
Michael Rowley: Ivana: we should move many of our current action items into issues, so they will be easier to follow.
Michael Rowley: Martin: we should not move things that are merely tasks that people have to do.
Michael Rowley: Action: owner=Ivana raise an issue regarding the version of the final specification.
Michael Rowley: Action: id=#0000 status=closed
Michael Rowley: Action #0001 no change
Michael Rowley: Topic: Should all requests to the editors be tracked through issues?
Michael Rowley: Alex: we can use Word's change tracking features.
Michael Rowley: Martin: it is valuable to have only one place for editors to look for their work.
anish2 sounds like we need a motion like mikeR suggested
Michael Rowley: Jeff/Sanjay Motion all requests to the editors should be tracked through issues.
Michael Rowley: Resolution: All requests to the editors should be tracked through issues.
Michael Rowley: Mike E: What powers do editors have?  Can editors make editorial changes without instructions?
Michael Rowley: Martin: Yes.  Non-substantive, non-normative changes can be made by editors.
Michael Rowley: Anish suggests that AI 1, 2 and 3 should be raised as a single issue.
Michael Rowley: Martin: perhaps 3 should be its own issue.
Michael Rowley: Action owner=Dieter Raise actions 1, 2 and 3 as a new issue.
Michael Rowley: Action: id=0004 status=closed
Michael Rowley: Action: id=0005 status=closed
Michael Rowley: Topic: Use of TC related URLs
Michael Rowley: Anish: We should use the publicly accessible URLs to point to documents, rather than the members only URLs (they get to the same documents).
anish2: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00036.html
Michael Rowley: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/email/archives/200709/msg00049.html
Michael Rowley: The above URL is private.
Michael Rowley: Martin/MichaelR Motion all links in communication or in JIRA be publicly accessible URLs.
Michael Rowley: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/
Michael Rowley: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/
Michael Rowley: Above is our private page.  You should first go to the public page before following the "email archives" link to get to the publicly accessible URLs to emails.
Michael Rowley: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/
Alex Yiu: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/
Alex Yiu: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/ is the root page of public email archive
Michael Rowley: Resolution: All links in communication or in JIRA be publicly accessible URLs.
Michael Rowley: Topic: Issues
Michael Rowley: Mike E: The JIRA system has been set up.  The OASIS staff is waiting to get a letter from OSOA managers promising that it will continue to be maintained.
Michael Rowley: Mike E: All that is needed is the list of names of people with write access.
Khanderao: 2 mins to go end the call?
Michael Rowley: Sanjay: Can we get started now, using the issue numbers that JIRA assigns?
Michael Rowley: Alex: Can we have issue numbers for the currently open issues, so we can discuss them?
Michael Rowley: Anish will get the process rolling.
Michael Rowley: Meeting adjourned (12:02 ET)


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]