Subject: Final minutes from 2007-09-27 are attached

The roll call has been inserted and the “DRAFT” heading has been removed.

Michael

Title: SCA-BPEL - 2007-09-27

OASIS Logo

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Chair
Sanjay Patil and Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Michael Rowley
Agenda:

1. Roll Call

  • Mark Ford, Active Endpoints, Inc.
  • Michael Rowley, BEA Systems, Inc.
  • Jacques Durand, Fujitsu Limited*
  • Mike Edwards, IBM
  • Dieter Koenig, IBM
  • Martin Chapman, Oracle Corporation
  • Khanderao Kand, Oracle Corporation
  • Anish Karmarkar, Oracle Corporation
  • Rich Levinson, Oracle Corporation
  • Ashok Malhotra, Oracle Corporation
  • Jeff Mischkinsky, Oracle Corporation
  • Alex Yiu, Oracle Corporation
  • Sanjay Patil, SAP AG*
  • Ivana Trickovic, SAP AG*
  • Najeeb Andrabi, TIBCO Software Inc.

2. Appointment of scribe

List attached below

3. Agenda bashing

4. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)

Sept 2007 F2F:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00033.html

5. Action items
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/action_items.php

Chairs: to check with the SCA Steering committee to decide the version number of the specifications under standardization.

Editors: Refer to assembly and policy spec in the related spec section. Also, to add participants (TC) members list and the OSOA contributors list in the Acknowledgement (page 16) section

Editors: Reference Section 1 (Page 2): Addition to reference element there should be a service element

Editors: Update the syntax of Component in the introduction section to align with assembly syntax

Chairs: Recommended update the steering committee about the amended motion about RFC2119

Danny would raise an issue based on discussion on section 2.4 related to Determinism of partnerlink to reference algorithm and Determinism of same algorithm to local partnerLinks

6. Adminstrivia
a. Use of public email URLs in our minutes, emails, issues, see:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00036.html

7. New Issues

a. support for BPEL4WS 1.1
(from Martin Chapman)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00025.html

b. Does the spec allow a componentType side file?
(from Anish Karmarkar)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00026.html

c. Correlation disagreement between SCA and BPEL
(from Najeeb Andrabi)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00027.html

d. Title of the resulting spec shouldn't be confusing
(from Danny van der Rijn)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00028.html

e. The algorithm for deciding whether a partnerLinkis a service or a reference needs to be deterministic
(from Danny van der Rijn)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00029.html

f. Make local partnerLink aliases deterministic
(from Danny van der Rijn)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00030.html

6. Issues

Pending JIRA setup

9. AOB

Contents

Topics
[1]  Discussion when are the minutes uploaded?
[2]  Action item #0000 r.e. version number.
[3]  Should all requests to the editors be tracked through issues?
[4]  Use of TC related URLs
[5]  Issues
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2007-09-27-1: owner=Michael will check whether Bob will do this even for TCs he isn't on.
2007-09-27-2: owner=Ivana raise an issue regarding the version of the final specification.
2007-09-27-3: id=#0000 status=closed
2007-09-27-4: id=0004 status=closed
2007-09-27-5: id=0005 status=closed

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Michael Rowley

<Alex Yiu>

Roll -- 16 of 22 attending

Agenda approved

Minutes approved

Discussion when are the minutes uploaded?

Decision that scribes will send out unprocessed chat room contents to the list. Bob (at least temporarily) will process the chat into formatted minutes.

In the future the person who took the minutes will run Bob's tool, once Bob has created tools that can be used by anyone.

The minute taker will then send out the processed minutes to the list, as draft minutes.
Action: owner=Michael will check whether Bob will do this even for TCs he isn't on.

Chair will upload minutes when they have been approved.

Action item #0000 r.e. version number.

Mike E/Ashok Motion to use version 1.1
Martin:
1.1 assumes a slight diff from the previous version.

... in other TCs, where this has been done, it has created a lot of confusion when compatibility has been broken.

... wonders whether 1.1 is appropriate.

... if the version number gets baked into URIs or file names, it will be hard to change.

... we should synchronize this with all TCs.
Ivana:
Can we open an issue and let the steering committee decide?
Alex:
Agrees that it should be synchronized with other TCs.
Mike E:
Agrees with synchrony, but believes it should be 1.1.
Martin:
Notes that backward compatibility is not required by the charter, so 1.1 could be misleading.
Mike E:
Right, but we should avoid making backward incompatible changes when possible.
Alex:
We should avoid putting the version number into any URLs.

Vote -- No objections.
Resolution: This TC will use version 1.1.
Ivana:
we should move many of our current action items into issues, so they will be easier to follow.
Martin:
we should not move things that are merely tasks that people have to do.
Action: owner=Ivana raise an issue regarding the version of the final specification.
Action: id=#0000 status=closed

Action #0001 no change

Should all requests to the editors be tracked through issues?

Alex:
we can use Word's change tracking features.
Martin:
it is valuable to have only one place for editors to look for their work.

Jeff/Sanjay Motion all requests to the editors should be tracked through issues.
Resolution: All requests to the editors should be tracked through issues.
Mike E:
What powers do editors have? Can editors make editorial changes without instructions?
Martin:
Yes. Non-substantive, non-normative changes can be made by editors.

Anish suggests that AI 1, 2 and 3 should be raised as a single issue.
Martin:
perhaps 3 should be its own issue.

Action owner=Dieter Raise actions 1, 2 and 3 as a new issue.
Action: id=0004 status=closed
Action: id=0005 status=closed

Use of TC related URLs

Anish:
We should use the publicly accessible URLs to point to documents, rather than the members only URLs (they get to the same documents).
<anish>

The above URL is private.

Martin/MichaelR Motion all links in communication or in JIRA be publicly accessible URLs.

Above is our private page. You should first go to the public page before following the "email archives" link to get to the publicly accessible URLs to emails.

<Alex Yiu>
<Alex Yiu>
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/ is the root page of public email archive
Resolution: All links in communication or in JIRA be publicly accessible URLs.

Issues

Mike E:
The JIRA system has been set up. The OASIS staff is waiting to get a letter from OSOA managers promising that it will continue to be maintained.
Mike E:
All that is needed is the list of names of people with write access.
<Khanderao>
2 mins to go end the call?
Sanjay:
Can we get started now, using the issue numbers that JIRA assigns?
Alex:
Can we have issue numbers for the currently open issues, so we can discuss them?

Anish will get the process rolling.

Meeting adjourned (12:02 ET)

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2007-10-03 at 14:43:32 GMT-4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

final validation: Chair not specified, default chair 'Sanjay Patil and Anish Karmarkar' was assumed

name-value: Line 103: In attribute 'id' token '#0000' is not of required type 's:ai-id'

name-value: Line 116: In attribute 'id' token '0004' is not of required type 's:ai-id'

name-value: Line 117: In attribute 'id' token '0005' is not of required type 's:ai-id'

statistics: Schreiber found 137 input lines

edits: Schreiber found no text-edit commands

command-scribe: Line 2: Michael Rowley recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 8: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 18: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Sept 2007 F2F'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 19: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 22: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 25: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Chairs'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 28: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Editors'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 31: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Editors'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 34: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Editors'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 37: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Chairs'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 44: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 50: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 58: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 62: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 66: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 70: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

system: Transformer: SAXON SA 8.9

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]