Subject: [sca-bpel] Raw minutes from 2007-Oct-18 telcon

Room information was updated by: Sanjay

Dial-in:
1-888-967-2253
+1-650-607-2253
+61-2-8817-6100
+44-118-924-9000

Meeting ID: 877770
Meeting password: SCABPEL (7222735)

Michael Rowley: I'm sorry, but I will not be able to attend today's call.  (Although I will be watching the chat room)

Mike Edwards: That's a real piece of lurking, Mr Rowley

Michael Rowley:   And of course I do understand that it doesn't count as attending.

Mike Pellegrini: No objections for agenda, agenda approved

Mike Pellegrini: Approval of minutes for last weeks meeting postponed till next call

Mike Pellegrini: Review of action items

Mike Pellegrini: AI #008 Martin Chapman - Figure out how to go from resolved-later to resolved-fixed in JIRA. This affects all TCs and perhaps our issues process.

Mike Pellegrini: AI #008 Closed

Mike Edwards: Happy to send an email

Mike Edwards: There is a PPT file with a diagram

Mike Pellegrini: AI #009  Alex Yiu - Generate proposal for issue 6

Alex Yiu: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00038.html

Sanjay: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00038.html

Mike Pellegrini: Alex has already generated a proposal for issue 5

Mike Pellegrini: issue 6

anish mike are u saying that it is the same ppt (and hasn't changed) or is it a new ppt

Mike Edwards: a new PPT

Mike Pellegrini: AI #009 closed

Mike Pellegrini: No administrative items to discuss

anish thx mike

anonymous morphed into Simon Moser

Mike Pellegrini: On Agenda item #7. Specification Development

Mike Pellegrini: No updates, most current updated is working draft 3

Mike Pellegrini: Guideline on this topic - http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/metadata03.html#version

Mike Pellegrini: Danny made Motion to use the same guidelines as  other oasis tc

Mike Pellegrini: Martin secodns

Mike Pellegrini: Motion accepted to use the guidelines proposed in OASIS

Mike Pellegrini: New Issues

Mike Pellegrini: Issue 11: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-11
TITLE: BPEL variable initialization and SCA properties SUBMITTED BY: Mark Ford

Mike Pellegrini: Danny raised a issue that we need to be in line with WS-BPEL spec with regard to must/should understands when resolving this issue

Dieter Koenig: WS-BPEL 2.0: "Extensions MUST NOT contradict the semantics of any element or attribute defined by the WS-BPEL specification."

Mike Pellegrini: Issue 11 accepted as new issue

Mike Pellegrini: Issue Discussion

Mike Pellegrini: Issue 9 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-9 (if accepted by the TC)
TITLE: SCA-BPEL XML Namespaces
SUBMITTED BY: Dieter Koenig

Mike Pellegrini: Exampls in the proposal

Mike Pellegrini: Issue 6 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-6
TITLE: Make local partnerLink aliases deterministic SUBMITTED BY: Danny van der Rijn Additional emails:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00039.html

Mike Pellegrini: SCA Assembly Model (to be verified) ==>
http://docs.oasis-open.org/sca/1.1/assembly
WS-BPEL 2.0 extensions for SCA ==>
http://docs.oasis-open.org/sca/1.1/bpel/process
Data element "serviceReferenceList" ==>
http://docs.oasis-open.org/sca/1.1/bpel/types

anish i'm wondering if we should postpone this issue till we have resolution on the other NS issue

Mike Edwards: I would prefer an absolute proposal for each of the namespaces

Mike Edwards: otherwise, we will only be revisiting this again

Mike Edwards: That is fine as an action item for Sanjay

Mike Edwards: take a position to the OpenCSA MS

Mike Edwards: ugh

Mike Pellegrini: Sanjay asks if the BPEL TC needs seperate namespace

Mike Pellegrini: Anish motions have one or more seperate namespaces different than the common namespace

Mike Pellegrini: separate

Mike Pellegrini: Anish motions have one or more seperate namespaces in BPEL TC different than the common namespace

Mike Pellegrini: Khanderao seconds

Mike Edwards: ACTION Item for the Chair

Mike Pellegrini: Motion carried

Mike Edwards: Take this decision to the OpenCSA MS steering ctte

Mike Pellegrini: New action item opened to commuicate this motion

Mike Pellegrini: for the chairs

Mike Pellegrini: Issue 6 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-6
TITLE: Make local partnerLink aliases deterministic SUBMITTED BY: Danny van der Rijn Additional emails:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00039.html

anish: ACTION: chairs to take the NS decision to the OpenCSA MS SC

Mike Edwards: Is there a writeup of the actual proposal somewhere?

Mike Edwards: which email?

Alex Yiu: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00038.html

Mike Edwards: not yet

Alex Yiu: that is link to the proposal email

Mike Edwards: for some reason, that link is not returning any data

Mike Pellegrini: Original text under section 2.4:
---------------------------

When these partnerLinks are exposed to SCA assembly, these partnerLinks will given aliases from "_orginalName_1" to "_orginalName_N" regardless of how partnerLink participate in SCA assembly (i.e. services vs references)
If any "_orginalName_i" (where 1 <= i  <= N) is already taken by existing partnerLink declaration in the process definition, additional underscore characters may be added at the beginning of the aliases to avoid collision.

Mike Pellegrini: New text:
---------------------------

When these partnerLinks are exposed to SCA assembly, these partnerLinks will given aliases from "_orginalName_1" to "_orginalName_N" regardless of how partnerLink participate in SCA assembly (i.e. services vs references) and the number suffixes are based on the document order of the corresponding partnerLink occurrence in the process definition.

If any "_orginalName_i" (where 1 <= i  <= N) is already taken by existing partnerLink declaration in the process definition, additional underscore characters may be added at the beginning of all aliases consistently to avoid collision.

Mike Edwards: thx

Mike Pellegrini: Discussion to change phrase "document order" to "lexical order"

Mike Pellegrini: Alex motion to accept proposal #6

Mike Pellegrini: Ammendment to change document order to lexical order

Mike Pellegrini: Mark makes motion to ammend issue #6

Mike Pellegrini: Mike P seconds motion

Mike Pellegrini: Ammemded motion carried

Mike Edwards: Issue becomes Resolved

Mike Pellegrini: Issues #6 marked closed

Mike Edwards: not "later"

Mike Edwards: Editors should move it to "Applied" when they have put new text into the spec

Mike Pellegrini: Issue 3 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-3
TITLE: Correlation disagreement between SCA and BPEL SUBMITTED BY: Najeeb Andrabi Additional emails:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00045.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00046.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00049.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00053.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00057.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00058.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200709/msg00059.html

Mike Edwards: is there a proposal?

anish: it is safe to say that bpel spec is not going to change

anish: iirc, bpel tc has closed

Mike Edwards: Do we in the SCA BPEL TC mandate some specific behaviour ?

Mike Edwards: assuming no changes in BPEL 2.0 spec

Mike Edwards: So, for example, we could demand that some particular Fault is transmitted back to the client

Khanderao: There is no TC constituted for next version of WS-BPEL. The last standardization took 3 years. Also considering different flavours of implementation, I do not think that any new specification would resolve the dead letter issue in intended way proposed by Najib. Also our TC's scope should be limited to published versions of specifications only

Mike Edwards: right - but we can still demand a particular behaviour as part of the SCA - BPEL integration

Khanderao: we can still demand a particular behaviour ": I am not sure. Atleast, it should not be in conflict with published BPEL specifications.

Mike Edwards: if the specs are silent - how can we be in conflict

Mike Edwards: ?

Khanderao: Good point.

Alex Yiu: The point is not about making conflict.

Najeeb Andrabi: Conflict is that SCA correlates and BPEL timesout.

Mike Edwards: right, but is there anything that prevents us from laying down a behaviour

Mike Edwards: ???

anish we are out of time

Mike Edwards: BONG

Mike Edwards:

Sanjay: yes. we should stop now.

anish

Alex Yiu:

Mike Pellegrini: ACTION: Najeeb to take write-up proposal for issue #3

Mike Pellegrini: Issue #3 remains open