OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-bpel message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Raw chat log of 2008-01-31 telcon

Khanderao: Scribe:Khanderao

Khanderao: Approval of last 

Khanderao: Meetings approved unanimously

Khanderao: No open action item

Ashok: s/Meetings/Minutes

anish: Agenda: 

Dieter Koenig: sca  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200712
sca-bpel (defined here) 

Khanderao: Action Item for chairs to a follow up with Mary to post of 
the docs to OASIS repository

anish: action: chairs: to a follow up with Mary to post of the docs to 
OASIS repository

anish: f2f meeting: 

Khanderao: 7. Spring F2F meeting

Khanderao: Discussion related to F2F on May 2-3

anish: hotel details: 

anish: http://events.oasis-open.org/home/symposium/2008/hotel-venue

anish: action: chairs to confirm the f2f date with Jane

Khanderao: 8. New Issues
    a. http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-17
       Allow Component Type side file to override defaults for 

Khanderao: moved:Khanderao     second:Dieter Koenig

Khanderao: motion accepted unanimously

Khanderao: 9. Issue Discussion

Khanderao:    a) Issue 2 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-2
    TITLE: Does the spec allow a componentType side file
    SUBMITTED BY: Anish Karmarkar
    Email thread:

Khanderao:  The discussion is postponed for future meeting(s)

Khanderao:  b) Issue 15 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15
    TITLE: Define Conformance Targets
    SUBMITTED BY: Martin Chapman

Khanderao: NartinC updated discussions in the liaison committee: Three 
targets 1. Document 2. Elements in document  3. Runtime behavior

Khanderao: Anish: should we have course grain targets or fine grain targets?

Khanderao: MartinC: We have three choices from targets to choose fine 
grain or coarse grain.

Khanderao: MikeE: Its not a choice between three but how we apply fine 
and coarse grain choice of the targets

Khanderao: Mike Edwards: TC's need to write with RFC-2119 and every time 
we reach RFC-2119 statement we would have a conformance rule

Khanderao: Anish: Do we need Assembly-TC to define the targets?

Khanderao: s/course/coarse/

Khanderao: Summary: Each TC needs to decide the targets however need to 
be done in a consistent way across TCs

anish: Action: Martin to write up a proposal for issue 15

Khanderao: We do not have an issue on re-writing specs with RFC-2119

Khanderao: action: Khanderao : file a new issue for re-writing specs 
with RFC-2119

    e) Issue 16 http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-16
    TITLE: Ambigous Service Resolution
    SUBMITTED BY: Dieter Koenig

anish: topic: issue 1

Khanderao:    c) Issue 1 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-1
    TITLE: support for BPEL4WS 1.1
    SUBMITTED BY: Martin Chapman

Khanderao: MikeE: BPEL4WS 1.1 is not a standard hence we can not have a 
normative statements based on BPEL4WS 1.1

Khanderao: Khanderao: Isn't it a de-facto standard?

Khanderao: MikeE: It is dangerous to specify based on a de-facto standard.

Khanderao: Dieter: it is ok to write non-normative statements but not to 
write normative statements based on BPEL4WS1.1

Dieter Koenig: Motion: leave chapter 4 as-is and mark it as non-normative

anish: motion: m:dieter s:charlton leave chapter 4 as-is and mark it as 

Khanderao: motion: Dieter second: Charlton

anish: amendment: m:martin s:charlton keep chapter 4 in sync with the 
rest of the spec

Khanderao: update amendment:Dany: Keeping in sync without making longer 
and have a flexibility to undo if decided later by the TC

anish: amended motion: leave chapter 4 as-is and mark it as 
non-normative, keep chapter 4 in sync with the rest of the spec

Khanderao: amendment 1 accepted unanimously

Khanderao: amendment 2 moved: Dany Second: Khanderao

anish: amendment: m:danny s:martin If the work of keeping chapter 4 in 
sync is too onerous then we remove chapter 4 (support for BPEL 1.1)

Khanderao: Dieter: we do not need to amendment as TC is free to make 
decision any time.

Khanderao: Dany: That would need TC to overturn previous resolution

Mike Edwards: table this for now

anish: meeting adjurned

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]