OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-bpel message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Formated minutes of 2008-02-21 telcon


Title: SCA-BPEL - 2008-02-21




21 FEB 2008


Charlton Barreto, (Adobe Systems)
Michael Rowley, (BEA Systems, Inc.)
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Khanderao Kand, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG*)
Ivana Trickovic, (SAP AG*)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Sanjay Patil
Ashok Malhotra


[1]  Agenda bashing
[2]  approval of minutes from 14 feb 2008
[3]  Action items
[4]  new issues
[5]  Issues 17 -- side file
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

2008-02-21-1: Rowley to update status of issue 1
2008-02-21-2: MR to raise issue with Assembly TC
2008-02-21-3: MR to propose a partial resolution to the issue using the attribute suggested in earlier action



<Mike Edwards>
it was very quiet on the call.....

Scribe: Ashok Malhotra

Agenda bashing

Agenda bashing -- no changes

approval of minutes from 14 feb 2008

No objections to approval of minutes from last week.

Action items

Staging of CD
Leave AI open and Sanjay will follow up with Mary McRae
<Michael Rowley>
AI to define conformance targets -- ongoing
MR: Can someone take an action to update status issue 1
Anish agrees to accept the the AI
Alex, the issues editor is on leave and may not come back
Need to find another issues editor
Any volunteers for issues editor?
Michael Rowley volunteers to be issues editor if he is excused from taking minutes
MR takes on earlier AI assigned to Anish
Action: Rowley to update status of issue 1

new issues

No new issues

Issues 17 -- side file

Anish recaps the state of play
Issue 17 http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-17
TITLE: Allow Component Type side file to override defaults for services and references
SUBMITTED BY: Anish Karmarkar
Discussion on uniqueness of partner-link names
MR: We shd agree that one usecase for creating a side file by hand is to disambiguate the partner-link names
<Mike Edwards>
I'm now howling
MR: We need some way to point from a component service to the partner-link -- I suggest an XPath
That works!
<Mike Edwards>
that sounds better
<Mike Edwards>
XPath only when absolutely necessary
We can make XPath optional and if not specified we match the name of the service and the partner-link
<Mike Edwards>
go cap in hand to the Assembly TC
ME: that sounds better
MR: I lean towards a new namespace for the new attribute
<Michael Rowley>
The attribute on the service or reference would either need to be qualified (different from the SCA namespace) or we would need to add this new attribute to the Assembly spec.
ME: I would like it in the SCA namespace. This will change the Assembly spec.
ME: It's just simpler
We already have a BPEL namespace
ME: That's for a different purpose
<Dieter Koenig>
the bpel namespace is used for attribute that extend bpel - imo, its use should be limited to that
<Michael Rowley>
service/@implementationRef would be used to refer to an implementation dependent mechanism to refer to an implementation's service, if the service name is not sufficient to identify it.
Khanderao requests a private chat with you
MR: We shd not anything that is BPEL specific to the Assembly spec
but I would be OK with adding the above attribute because other implementations, pehaps legacy application would be able to take advantage of it
Sanjay questions the optionality in above proposal. Don't you need to go one way or another?
I would prefer the generic attribute
MR: This would go on the Service element which is a sibling of implementation
i imagine that this would be xs:string and the fact that this is xpath would be specified in the bpel spec
If you want to use this in the generic case perhaps we need a subelement rather than an attribute?
We are discussing a corner case --- perhsps better to have a proposal to resolve the issue
MR: We are discussing something that the Assembly TC must agree to
MR volunteers to raise an issue in Assembly TC with proposed solution
MR: Can I send the note to 2 TCs?
Best to send separate notes
Action: MR to raise issue with Assembly TC
Hi Ashok, Anish, can you get me on the roll?
sure charlton
Action: MR to propose a partial resolution to the issue using the attribute suggested in earlier action
agree, it won't happen
Concerned abt changing names of services/references in BPEL
MR: Argues why you may want to change names
why change names? why not indirection?
don't see the justification for name change
Please continue discussion of usecases of email.
Issues 14, 15 16, 18 do not have proposals. Please make proposals for these issues
AOB? No other business.
Meeting adjourned.

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-02-21 at 09:47:05 GMT-8

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 87 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 148: charlton: s/chane name/change names/

command-scribe: Line 9: Ashok Malhotra recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 67: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 68: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

edit-substitute: command on line 148 succeeded, changed line 146 from 'chane name' to 'change names'

edit-delete: Line 148 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]