Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] AI: conformance targets

Martin,

Few questions/comments inlined below.

-Anish
--

Martin Chapman wrote:
> I have an action item to propose the conformance targets for the SCA BPEL C+I spec.
>
> As a reminder the Liaison SC agreed the following recommendation:
>
>    "Conformance targets can be categorized into
>     1) document artifacts (or constructs within them) that can be checked statically.
>     2) SCA runtimes, which we may require to exhibit certain behaviors. "
>
> Therefore in the SCA BPEL C+I spec we can talk about SCA documents (scdl), BPEL documents, and runtimes.
> Specifically I propose the following conformance targets, in addition to any targets defined by Assembly:

Is the idea that we would reuse the conformance target, defined by
assembly, for composite, constrainingType, componentType in the BPEL C&I?

> WS-BPEL Process: as defined in WS-BPEL 2.0. An unmodified (from and SCA perspective) process description.

Why would this be a conformance target?
The way I see it, SCA BPEL C&I spec would make some RFC 2119 statements
about the targets. It doesn't seem like we would have anything to say
about an unmodified BPEL process.