Subject: Formated minutes of 2008-05-01 telcon

4. Approval of meeting minutes
a) Apr 24, 2008
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00032.html
b) Apr 17, 2008
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00028.html

5. Action items review
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/action_items.php
a) AI #0021
Chairs - to follow up with Mary to post the CD docs to OASIS repository
b) AI #0035 (Due date 5/
Dieter - Create a proposal for Issue 16 - Ambiguous Service Resolution
c) AI #0037
Anish - update the assembly RDDL file, file names and the references in the spec
d) AI #0038
Anish - Open an issue about mustUnderstand for SCA and SCA BPEL NS
6. New Issues
a) Title: SCA-BPEL spec can not require bpel:mustUnderstandto be true
Submitted by: Danny van der Rijn
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00031.html

7. Status of JIRA
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL
a) Assign number to new issue
b) Issue 17 Status should be Open
Accepted on 1/31/08: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200802/msg00001.html
c) Issue 18 Status should be Open
Accepted on 2/7/08: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200802/msg00003.html
d) Issue 14 Status should be Open
Reopened on 4/17/08: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00028.html
8. Artifact URI Proposal from OpenCSA Liaison Committee
Proposal contained in this email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200804/msg00021.html
9. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 14 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-14
open issue - namespace for 'requires' attribute
b) Issue 15 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15
TITLE- Define Conformance Targets
SUBMITTED BY- Martin Chapman
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00000.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00014.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00048.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00001.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00021.html
Review of section 2.1 from CD-01-rev3 at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00026.html
c) Issue 18 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-18
TITLE- Need to rewrite the SCA-BPEL specifications with RFC-2119
keywords/statements
SUBMITTED BY- KHANDERAO KAND
d) Issue 16 http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-16
TITLE- Ambigous Service Resolution
SUBMITTED BY- Dieter Koenig
10. AOB

Scribe: Ashok Malhotra

6 out of 12 voting members present -- not quorate

Agenda approved

Skipping approval of meeting minutes because meeting not quorate.
Sanjay:
I had postponed approval of minutes last week for same reason

AI review

a) AI #0021
Chairs - to follow up with Mary to post the CD docs to OASIS repository
b) AI #0035 (Due date 5/
Dieter - Create a proposal for Issue 16 - Ambiguous Service Resolution
c) AI #0037
Anish - update the assembly RDDL file, file names and the references in the spec

Keep above actions open -- still in progress

AI #0038 Can be closed. Possible overlap with another issue

New issues

NEW ISSUES: mustUnderstand
<Sanjay>

Anish explains issue

Anish explains Danny's issue re. mustUnderstand
Anish:
we cannot approve issue because we are not quorate
Sanjay:
Your proposal says we shd use the attribute from the global namespace.
Anish:
Yes
Anish:
The value must the same for both
Sanjay:
Can value be NO?
Anish:
That's Danny's issue
Anish:
I would like to hear comments on the priposal
Sanjay:
We shd not slice and dice namespaces and functionality
<Mike Edwards>
Mike Edwards has joined the call - sorry for being late
anish woo-hoo, we just got quorum

MR: I agree that namespaces be coarse-grained -- perhaps only a single extension

+ Mike Edwards

Now meeting is quorate
Sanjay:
Let's circle back

approval of minutes

Agenda item 4 -- approval of minutes from past 2 mtgs

No objections to approving minutes on April 17 and April 24.

New issues

Agenda item 6: New issues
Martin C did we make other tentative agreements last week?

Motion to accept issue: Anish moves, MR seconds

No objection to accepting issue
Martin:
we were not quorate last week. Were there other tentative decisions we can ratify today.
Anish:
Shd we accept Danny's issue. The issues are related but not overlapping.

Anish moves to accept, ME seconds.

Accepted unanimously

Status of JIRA

Sanjay:
Next item: Status of JIRA

MR: AFAIK I'm up to date
Sanjay:
Issue 17 says new shd be open

Issue 18 same situation
Sanjay:
Issue 14 shd be reopened

ME: You need to close and then open again
Sanjay:
It was reopened on 4/17

Item 8 -- proposal from openCSA Liaison on file naming etc.
Sanjay:
Can we just make a new motion

ME: Moves to accept reccomendation Anish seconds

Accepted unanimously
Sanjay:
Now you can create our packages

ISSUE DISCUSSION

issue 14

Issue 14
Sanjay:
We shd not allow other things that we don't want to allow

ME: We are relying on XML mechanisms. We don't need to. We can define our own rules.

ME: We shd state what's required of an SCA runtime.
Sanjay:
Let's restrict scope to where does attribute get defined --
SCA or BPEL namespace
Sanjay:
Can we get back to points 2 and 3 that Anish had made in his mail
Sanjay:
Since our need is to use a few constructs from the common namespace we shd say just that
Najeeb:
Argues for defining attribute in BPEL namespace

MR: Possible motion -- accept definition of SCA:reuires as it is defined in the current spec i.e. in the same namespace as the other attributes

Have the definition in the namespace that has all the BPEL extensions

ME: Can it use intents in other namespaces -- MR yes

Anish seconds

Motion passes unanimously

Any additions to roll?

AOB?

Meeting adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-05-01 at 17:19:43 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

citation-detection-scribed: Line 121: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'NEW ISSUES'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 164: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Agenda item 6'

statistics: Schreiber found 150 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 229: Ashok: s/SCS/SCA/

citation-detection-irc1: Line 4: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 14: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 17: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 21: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 33: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'a) Title'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 34: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Submitted by'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 35: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 39: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 50: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'a) Issue 14 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 57: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'b) Issue 15 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 60: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 61: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 62: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 63: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 64: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 66: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 68: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'c) Issue 18 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 73: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'd) Issue 16 http'

command-scribe: Line 82: Ashok Malhotra recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 229 succeeded, changed line 227 from 'SCS' to 'SCA'

edit-delete: Line 229 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]