Subject: Formated minutes of 2008-05-22 telcon

Attached.
Thanks to Danny for scribing.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2008-05-22

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC telcon

Attendees

Present
Mike Rowley (BEA Systems, Inc.)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu Limited*)
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Martin Chapman (Oraacle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG*)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Danny van der Rijn, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Danny van der Rijn
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200805/msg00020.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  AI review
[2]  JIRA Status
[3]  Status of spec.
[4]  Issue 15
[5]  Approval of minutes
[6]  Issue 15
[7]  Issue 18
[8]  Issue 16
[9]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2008-05-22-1: Najeeb to take action to coordinate editors to reflect updated issues
2008-05-22-2: Najeeb to coordinate editors to pick a "chunky" section, rewrite it in RFC 2119, bring back to TC for discussion

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Danny van der Rijn

Waiting for quorum. Agenda pre-bashed.

AI review

AI#21: Sanjay will followup

Still waiting for proposal from Dieter

JIRA Status

3 issues have been resolved but not updated. Michael not on call

Status of spec.

Dieter not on call. Status of resolved issues not known.
Action: Najeeb to take action to coordinate editors to reflect updated issues

Issue 15

Discussion ran out of time last week

But we're not quorate right now
<Mike Edwards>
I am on the call now if that helps

We are now quorate

Approval of minutes

Updated minutes have been sent including the roll. Sent out yesterday.

Motion: Approve minutes of May 15, 2008
<anish>

Approved unanimously
<Martin C>

Issue 15

Martin:

Motion: Adopt conformance targets identified in http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00000.html

motion made by Martin Chapman, 2nd from Mike Edwards

Motion approved unanimously
Martin:
Motion resolves and closes issue 15
Martin:
No editing needed, this is just language to use when using RFC 2119 language

Motion: Martin moves to resolve issue 15 and instruct editors to insert the definitions from the previous motion

2nd by Mike Edwards

motion approved unanimously
Resolution: Issue 15 resolved with the proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00000.html

Issue 18

Anish:
This is something that the editors need to take on and bring back to TC. No need for TC to debate this open-endedly
Action: Najeeb to coordinate editors to pick a "chunky" section, rewrite it in RFC 2119, bring back to TC for discussion
<Mike Edwards>
said with feeling, Martin

Issue 16

Anish to prod Dieter for a proposal

AOB

Mike Edwards:
We should lay down algorithm for determining service or reference (recall discussion from last week)
Mike Edwards:
Need to raise issue
<anish>
<anish>
Mike Rowley:
Stating that a static analysis *can* perform the algorithm was assumed to be enough. Hoping that Mike Edwards would point out inconsistency in that assumption.
Mike Edwards:
It wasn't clear to me when I wrote the code that there weren't other choices.
Mike Edwards:
Then let's put the algorithm (that I used) in the spec
Mike Rowley:
One of the values of leaving it specified abstractly is that it is extensible to BPEL extensions.
Mike Rowley:
e.g. BPEL 4 Subprocesses
Mike Edwards:
Is it testable?
Martin:
I think the algorithm is pretty clear
anish i see u michaelR, want to let a little bit of back and forth
Michael Rowley:
I think the issue of testability is an important one. Would both statements be tested the same way?
Michael Rowley:
Would the introduction of a specific algorithm change the way we test for it?
Anish:
We'll put this on the agenda along with Issue 15
Anish:
Any other business?

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-05-22 at 18:33:55 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

citation-detection-scribed: Line 22: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'AI#21'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 50: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Motion'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 63: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Motion'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 73: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Motion'

statistics: Schreiber found 71 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 57: Danny: s/unanimoulsy/unanimously/

edits: Line 75: Danny: s/Martine/Martin/

edits: Line 89: Danny: s/"meaty"/"chunky"/

command-scribe: Line 2: Danny van der Rijn recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 57 succeeded, changed line 53 from 'unanimoulsy' to 'unanimously'

edit-delete: Line 57 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 75 succeeded, changed line 73 from 'Martine' to 'Martin'

edit-delete: Line 75 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 89 succeeded, changed line 87 from '"meaty"' to '"chunky"'

edit-delete: Line 89 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]