OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-bpel message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Formatted minutes of 2008-09-11 telcon

Thanks to Michael Rowley for scribing.

Title: SCA-BPEL - 2008-09-11




11 SEP 2008


Mike Rowley, (Active Endpoints, Inc.)
Jacques Durant, (Fujitsu Limited)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Anish Karmarkar
Michael Rowley


[1]  agenda bashing
[2]  approval of minutes
[3]  AI review
[4]  AI 42 (Editors to incorporate issue resolutions)
[5]  Update from Editors
[6]  liaison committee recommendation
[7]  Issue 18
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

2008-09-11-1: Rowley will update the JIRA, based on revision log at the end of the spec.



Scribe: Michael Rowley

agenda bashing

Danny suggested by email that no vote be taken today on issue 18, since an email proposal for it was only sent out 15 minutes before the meeting.
General agreement

approval of minutes

Approval the minutes for 2008-09-04 without objection.
Resolution: Minutes of 2008-09-04 located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200809/msg00002.html approved

AI review

AI 21 is reassigned to Martin.

AI 42 (Editors to incorporate issue resolutions)

Martin has completed his part of this AI. There may be more resolutions to apply.
AI 45 is done (proposal for issue 1

Update from Editors

Action: Rowley will update the JIRA, based on revision log at the end of the spec.
<Martin C>
Martin moves, rowley seconds issue 15 should be closed (no changes required on the spec).
Passed without objection.
Resolution: Issue 15 closed with no changes required to the spec
AI 42 is done (resolutions have been applied)
AI 45 is _not_ yet done, since specific proposed changes to the spec haven't been made.

liaison committee recommendation

The following proposal for milestones and schedule is applicable SCA related TCs only.
Proposed list of milestones:
- Incorporate RFC 2119 language for specifications
- No new issue deadline
- All issues resolved
- All issues incorporated
<Criteria for starting the 1st PR - a> close all the open issues (unresolved issues may be closed by deferring to future release) and b> include conformance statement (required by OASIS TC process anyways)>
- 1st public review
- Testing completion
- New issues from PR and testing resolution
- New issues incorporated
- 2nd public review
<Possibly another round of updates to specs and PR>
- Approval of Committee spec
- Submission for OASIS standard
Proposed Schedule for key milestones:
Sep 15, 2008 - Raise the bar for opening new issues (for all TCs)
Sep 29, 2008 - Incorporate RFC 2119 language
Nov 15, 2008 - Detailed design for testing work
Jan 23, 2009 - Assembly TC to start 1st Public Review (60 day)
Feb 23, 2009 - Other TCs to start 1st Public Review (60 day)
May 31, 2009 - Finish all the work
July 4, 2008 - Submit specs to OASIS for OS vote
Each TC may choose to adjust the proposed schedule as per its needs, however it is highly recommended that all the TCs meet the proposed deadline for starting the first Public Review (Jan 23rd, 2009 for the Assembly TC, and Feb 23rd 2009 for the rest of the TCs).
The last date should be in 2009.
Discussion of how dependencies are handled.
Dependencies should be handled well in advance of these dates.
At this point we need to provide feedback on whether these dates will work for us (assuming no new work pushed on us from other TCs).
Dieter - how can we resolve all our issues (a date not mentioned) if assembly TC hasn't yet resolved all its issues? Our TC is sometimes effected by changes to assembly.
Anish - the assembly TC will have to close their issues before their public review, which is before our public review.
Sanjay - thinks the schedule looks good, but the details w.r.t. testing need to be worked out by assembly before we can finish our testing design.
sanjay offers to take an AI for asking the liason TC for more details about the testing plan.
Sanjay moves, Rowley seconds, approving the proposal from the liason committee for a schedule and milestones.
Passed, no objections.
Resolution: Liaison committee proposal on milestones and schedule located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200808/msg00009.html approved.

Issue 18

Further discussion of this approach will take place next week.
Meeting adjourned.

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-09-17 at 07:19:11 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

statistics: Schreiber found 75 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 37: Michael Rowley: s/JIRA/JIRA, based on/

command-scribe: Line 1: Michael Rowley recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 37 succeeded, changed line 35 from 'JIRA' to 'JIRA, based on'

edit-delete: Line 37 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]