Subject: Formated minutes 2008-09-25 telcon

Attached.
Thanks to Najeeb for scribing.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2008-09-25

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC telcon

Attendees

Present
Michael Rowley, (Active Endpoints Inc.)
Jacques Durant, (Fujitsu Limited)
David Booz, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Danny van der Rijn, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Najeeb Andrabi
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200809/msg00018.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda bashing
[2]  Approval of minutes of 2008-09-18 telcon located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200809/msg00017.html
[3]  AI reiview
[4]  Issue #18 discussion:
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Najeeb Andrabi

Agenda bashing

Anish:
Additional item: If we want to have call next week.

Agenda with the change described above is approved

Approval of minutes of 2008-09-18 telcon located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200809/msg00017.html

Meeting minutes approved for the last call.
Resolution: minutes of 2008-09-18 telcon located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200809/msg00017.html approved

AI reiview

AI #0021 still open.

AI #0045 is also open.

AI #0046 discussion
Michael Rowley:
All issues closed/resolved but Issue #8 was not closed.
Michael Rowley:
We should close this issue #8 unless other TC change the version number.

Michael Rowley moves to close issue # 8.

version number is for sca-bpel.

Martin C seconds.

motion is approved: issue #8 is closed.
Resolution: issue #8 is closed with no change to the spec

AI #0046 closed.

Martin moves to cancel next weeks call.

Danny seconds.

motion approved.

Next weeks call cancelled.
Resolution: 2008-10-02 concall cancelled.

Issue #18 discussion:

<Martin C>
Michael Rowley:
Proposal is good but we should understand ramification of this proposal.

We should relax the statements on what is testable and what is not.
Martin C:
Agrees so environments might generate component type file in a different manner.
Martin C:
We can still to static type checking.
<Martin C>
we dont want to require all design tools to understand how to introspect all c+i files, but they may do
Anish:
Introspected component type must be conformant as it must follow rules specified.
Anish:
If a non-conformant component type is created then it is tool/user error.
Danny:
moves to accept this proposal.

Martin Chapman seconds

Michael Rowley proposes an amendment to the proposal

conformance tests can be done at deployment.

Michael Rowley withdraws the amendment.
Danny:
Assembly specification should handle this.
Anish:
we can add there is no restriction to when it is testable.
Michael Rowley:
Agrees with Danny that we should leave this to assembly specification.
Martin Chapman:
Assembly specification already has rules for SCDL.
Dieter:
Is the goal to reject a effective component type file at runtime?

motion is approved.
Resolution: proposal located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200809/msg00019.html for issue 18 is accepted (this does not resolve the issue)
Anish:
we should re-write section 2.1 with introspection rules.

AI#45 transferred to Michael Rowley (Only section 2.1)

Michael Rowley moves to adjourn meeting.

Martin Chapman seconds

Meeting adjourned.

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-10-03 at 10:02:25 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

statistics: Schreiber found 63 input lines

edits: Schreiber found no text-edit commands

command-scribe: Line 1: Najeeb Andrabi recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]