Subject: 08-JAN-09 Raw Chat Log

[7:59] Room information was updated by: Sanjay
Dial-in:
1-888-967-2253
+1-650-607-2253
+61-2-8817-6100
+44-118-924-9000

Meeting ID: 877770
Meeting password: SCABPEL (7222735)
[8:00] Sanjay: Agenda:
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php

2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below

3. Agenda bashing

4. Approval of Dec 11, 2008 minutes
   Raw chat log http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200812/msg00008.html

5. New Issues
a) Issue 26 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-26
   Removal of XPath 1.0 query language constraint on implementationRef attribute
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200811/msg00024.html
   Submitter: Najeeb Andrabi

6. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 18 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-18
TITLE - Need to rewrite the SCA-BPEL specifications with RFC-2119
keywords/statements
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200811/msg00021.html

b) Issue 24 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-24
TITLE  BPEL C&I spec needs to define how effective CT is synthesized

c) Issue 12 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-12
TITLE: Long-Running Request-Response Operations

7. AOB
[8:02] Sanjay: Waiting for Anish to join and open the bridge
[8:02] Mike Edwards: right - just Mozart for me
[8:04] anish: Date: 2009-01-08
[8:04] anish: Chair: Sanjay Patil
[8:06] Danny van der Rijn: Agenda approved
[8:07] Danny van der Rijn: Topic:  Approve Dec 11 minutes
[8:07] Danny van der Rijn: Minutes approved with unanimous consent
[8:08] Danny van der Rijn: Topic: New Issues - Issue 26 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-26
[8:19] Danny van der Rijn: Motion to open issue (Najeeb, Danny)
[8:19] Danny van der Rijn: Motion carries by unanimous consent
[8:27] Danny van der Rijn: Discussion of whether our spec should include a URN for XPath 2.0, and if so, if that should be a separate issue
[8:31] Danny van der Rijn: Topic:  Issue Discussion - Issue 24 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-24 - TITLE - BPEL C&I spec needs to define how effective CT is synthesized
[8:42] Mike Edwards: Using a composite gives the user total control without the need for a complex set of rulesa
[8:44] anish: mike, this path essentially makes CT side files redundant not just in SCA BPEL but in SCA
[8:44] anish: not saying that this is good or bad
[8:44] anish: but it will certainly make things simpler
[8:46] Mike Edwards: But C++ will say that the component type ALWAYS comes from the CTT file
[8:47] Mike Edwards: which is a very different statement
[8:47] Mike Edwards: and in general, those CT files would be built using a tool
[8:47] Mike Edwards: they would not be authored directly
[8:56] Mike Edwards: I argue for no merging, ever
[8:56] Mike Edwards: for any implementation type
[8:59] Danny van der Rijn: Action:  Danny to come up with a proposal to remove side files from BPEL C&I as well as a note to the LSC to the effect that CTs are either derived or specified in a side file, but never both
[9:00] Danny van der Rijn: Meeting adjourned

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature