Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] ISSUE 42: SBPEL3004 has an incorrect 'MAY'.

Mike Edwards wrote:

> Danny,
>
> Thanks for your investigative work.
>
> I am happy with your proposal to remove SPBEL3004 as a normative
> statement - but I would instead recommend replacing it with a non-normative
> explanatory sentence:
>
> "In order to have an SCA multi-valued reference in a WS-BPEL process, a
> variable is declared in the process which uses the
> sca-bpel:multireference extension element"

+1 from me as well.

> To deal with the queries which you raise:
>
> - Since partnerLinkTypes aren't QNames, do we have to insist that the
> partnerLinkType attribute of the sca-bpel:multiReference resolve to a
> partnerLinkType declared in the same scope?
> *<mje>partnerLinkTypes are QNames, so I don't understand this comment.
> The following is from the WS-BPEL spec:</mje>*
> <xsd:attribute name="partnerLinkType" type="xsd:QName" use="required" />
>
> - Since we want the componentType derivation to be deterministic, how do
> we determine whether it's 0..n or 1..n?
> *<mje>Doesn't a calculation similar to that in section 2.1.1 apply?  I
> agree that we may need to add a parallel section for the 0..n and 1..n
> cases..</mje>*

The extension sca-bpel:multiReference has an attribute called
'multiplicity' with two possible values "0..n" or "1..n". A default
("1..n") is also defined, if the attribute is absent. I think we need
another statement or should modify 3006 to take into account the value
of this attribute (or default).

-Anish