Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] Issue 61: proposal

Resending with ed fixes:

The WS-BPEL specification requires that the variable initialization
logic in scopes that contain (or whose children contain) a start
activity use only idempotent functions in the from-spec. In an SCA
WS-BPEL Runtime, variables associated with SCA properties and
multi-valued reference are set by the runtime based on the configuration
of the containing composite. Therefore, the idempotency is guaranteed
only for a given SCA domain-level composite. The SCA Assembly
specification allows for a variety of implementation choices including
ones that allow dynamicity for the SCA domain-level composite. See
Sections 10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.8 and 10.9. For such runtimes, the
properties and multi-valued references may change, if the domain-level
composite is modified.

-Anish