Subject: OSOA JIRA is going away

All,

OSOA JIRA that we use for tracking our issues is going away end of this month. OASIS now has its own JIRA. I have requested the TC Admin to provide us with a JIRA project in the OASIS instance. Going forward we'll use OASIS JIRA to track our issues.

Please **DO NOT** update the OSOA JIRA.

There is a lot of history documented in OSOA JIRA. To preserve that I have uploaded the dump of our OSOA JIRA project in various formats:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/download.php/45060/SCA-BPEL_TC_OSOA_JIRA_summary.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/download.php/45058/SCA-BPEL_TC_OSOA_JIRA.xls
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/download.php/45059/SCA-BPEL_TC_OSOA_JIRA.xml
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/download.php/45057/SCA-BPEL_TC_OSOA_JIRA.html

When OASIS JIRA is available to us, I'll migrate all our existing OSOA new/open/deferred issues to the new instance.

I looked into whether it is possible for the OSOA JIRA SCA-BPEL project to be exported and then imported into OASIS JIRA (http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v3.13/restore_project.html). The problem with that is: version 3.x does not offer the option of exporting just one project (that is available in verion 4.x). So any restore has to be from the full backup file (that contains all the project). Furthermore there is a requirement that the source JIRA and target JIRA must be the same version (Professional Edition, Version Version: 3.7.3-#187 and Enterprise Edition, Version: 3.13.5-#360, respectively). Don't know if "same version" applies to the major version number or whether the string after the '.' is relevant for this. In any case, such a migration is non-trivial and would require the OASIS TCAdmin to do a lot of work for us. I don't think it is worth the effort to do a full migration. If you think otherwise (and are willing to volunteer ;-) ) please let me know.

If there are any JIRA experts please speak up.

Thanks.

-Anish