sca-c-cpp message

Subject: Re: [sca-c-cpp] Approval to use JIRA Issues Tracking

Thanks for getting this started.

Actually I raised the issues, but since David created the first C++ WD, having him as the initial assignee is probably appropriate (especially since I am about to raise some issues against the C WD I have created).

Components:  I would recommend you create 4 components: C++ specification, C specification, C++ test suite and C test suite.

Version 1.1 is correct. (See e-mail from Graham Barber about version)

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

Andrew Borley <BORLEY@uk.ibm.com>

10/01/2007 11:21 AM

<sca-c-cpp@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [sca-c-cpp] Approval to use JIRA Issues Tracking

Hi all,

With my issues editor hat on, I have put the first 3 raised issues into the new Jira system. You should all (hopefully) be able to see them at:

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/CCPP-1 ("Annotations are needed to specify intents")

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/CCPP-2 ("Annotations are needed to control mapping from WSDL to C++")

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/CCPP-3 ("Annotations are needed to control mapping from C++ to WSDL")

The namespacing issue has yet to be raised on the list, so that's not up yet.

A couple of Jira process questions (that aren't too important as we're not using Jira as a fully-fledged bug tracking system, more as somewhere to number and keep the issues we're thinking about):

Assignee - I've assigned these 3 to David, as I believe he was the person who brought them up (please correct me if I'm wrong). I suggest we try to keep the person who is currently working on the issue as the assignee in Jira, so people know who to talk to about an issue (on the mailing list or in calls).

Components and Versions - the issues are currently component and version-less in Jira. Do we want to categorise our issues like this? Perhaps a C++ spec and a C spec component - or more fine-grained than that? For versions, we are working towards 1.1 at the moment (possibly, depending on the namespace issue), shall I create a 1.1 version in Jira to schedule the issues for? The other spec groups haven't started using Jira yet, so I don't know how they will arrange things.

Type & Priority - I've used the defaults for the 3  issues so far which means they're all Type: Bug and Priority: Major. I expect these fields aren't really important for now, we can think about using these categorisations later when & if we need more management of our issues. (for the record, Type options available are: Bug, New Feature, Task and Improvement. Priority options available are: Blocker, Critical, Major, Minor and Trivial)

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew Borley
Websphere ESB Development
Tel: 245393 Ext: +44 (0) 1962 815393 Mob: +44 (0) 7971 805547
E-mail: borley@uk.ibm.com
Mailpoint 211, IBM (UK) Ltd, Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants, SO21 2JN

"Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
Sent by: Mary McRae <marypmcrae@gmail.com>

28/09/2007 21:27
Please respond to
<mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

<sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>, <sca-bpel@lists.oasis-open.org>, <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>, <sca-c-cpp@lists.oasis-open.org>, <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>, <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
<opencsa-sc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
[sca-c-cpp] Approval to use JIRA Issues Tracking

To the OpenCSA Technical Committees:

OASIS has received a commitment from the sponsors of the
www.osoa.org site to the following:
-          Create/maintain a project for each TC affiliated with the OpenCSA Member Section using the same TC abbreviations as the mailing lists

-          Configure each project with read/write access control granted to each member of the editors or issue editors subcommittee

-          Configure each project to be fully open, allowing anyone to browse the site without requiring a login/password

-          Maintain the website for the foreseeable future

Therefore each Technical Committee may now begin making use of the JIRA Issues Tracking system.

Please note:

-           TC Chairs must ensure that the editors subcommittee contains the names of all issues editors

-          All members of the editors subcommittee must have read/write acess to the JIRA system

-          Editors must download at least once a month a snapshot of the JIRA system to the TC document repository, unless no activity has occurred

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae

Manager of TC Administration, OASIS