sca-c-cpp message

Subject: ISSUE 1: Intent annotations

To start the discussion on this issue I have taken the Policy Annotation section from the Java API/Annotation spec and modified it for C++.  I am sure there are a number of points that need discussion, but I want to get the dialog going.

One the thing to note.  The policy framework already adds reliability and miscellaneous intents and is working on transaction intents.  None of these are currently in the Java spec,  but I suspect they will be added.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM on 10/05/2007 02:17 PM -----
Andrew Borley <BORLEY@uk.ibm.com>

10/01/2007 11:25 AM

sca-c-cpp@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [sca-c-cpp] NEW ISSUE: Intent annotations

This issue has been assigned the id CCPP-1 by the Jira system.

See http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/CCPP-1

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew Borley
Websphere ESB Development
Tel: 245393 Ext: +44 (0) 1962 815393 Mob: +44 (0) 7971 805547
E-mail: borley@uk.ibm.com
Mailpoint 211, IBM (UK) Ltd, Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants, SO21 2JN

Bryan Aupperle <aupperle@us.ibm.com>

20/09/2007 00:41

sca-c-cpp@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[sca-c-cpp] NEW ISSUE: Intent annotations

Title: Annotations are needed to specify intents

Target: C++ Client and Implementation Model/C++ Annotations

Description:  The policy framework defines a way for intents to be attached to various SCA constructs including interfaces and operations.  These intents can be attached in the SDCL using a requires attribute.  There is no way for a C++ developer to define required intents without authoring SCDL directly.

Proposal:  Add an @Requires annotation that can be used with interfaces and methods.  This annotation would include a list of intents to be applied.  We may also want some additional specific annotations like @Conversational.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com