sca-c-cpp message

Subject: [sca-c-cpp] NEW ISSUE: Should C++ -> WSDL Roundtrip with WSDL -> C++

Title: Should C++ -> WSDL Roundtrip with WSDL -> C++

Target:: C++ Client and Implementation Model

The current C++ C&I defines the conversion from WSDL to C++ according to the OMG specification, however it defines its own convention for converting from C++ to WSDL.  These conversion rules do not appear to be compatible, causing a WSDL -> C++ -> WSDL conversion to result in a different WSDL than the original input, or potentially to even produce C++ code that cannot be converted back into WSDL according the current rules.  The C&I should either clarify that these conversions are not possible, or the conversions should be made compatible.

Proposal(s):

1) Modify the current C++ -> WSDL specification to be compatible with the OMG specification

2) Abandon the OMG specification, and make the WSDL -> C++ mapping consistent with the current specification.

Thanks.

David.

-- David Haney

-- Chief Architect, Hydra Products