sca-c-cpp message

Subject: Re: [sca-c-cpp] NEW ISSUE: C componentType file name and location

This issue has been assigned id CCPP-27 in the Jira system.
See http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/CCPP-27

Andrew

Andrew Borley
Websphere ESB Development
Tel: 245393 Ext: +44 (0) 1962 815393 Mob: +44 (0) 7971 805547
E-mail: borley@uk.ibm.com
Mailpoint 211, IBM (UK) Ltd, Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants, SO21 2JN

Bryan Aupperle <aupperle@us.ibm.com> wrote on 10/12/2007 20:42:40:

> TARGET: C C&I Specification

> componentType files as well as any other SCDL metadata related to
> componentType files.
>
> Key points from the assembly specification:
> - Lines 482-483 of WD01 state that the componentType file has the
> same name as the implementation file but the extension .
> componentType.  But the location is implementation technology
> dependent (lines 484-486).
> - In the SCDL, the component only defines the componentType
> indirectly via the implementation.xxx
> - The componentType schema does not provide a name for a componentType
>
> As I see the requirements:
> - The information in implementation.xxx must uniquely identify the
> componentType file.
> - It needs to be possible to find the file in a simple manner.
> - It is reasonable to expect multiple component implementations to
> be compiled into a single DLL/shared library/etc.
>
> Proposal:
> The current draft has a problem in that there is no public
> implementation artifact that uniquely identifies an implementation
> (the source file is probably not considered public).  We need to add
> a specific componentType attribute to implementation.c.  The value
> of this attribute would be the componentType name, including an optional path.
>
> Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
> STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
> Master Inventor
>
> Research Triangle Park,  NC
> +1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
> Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com