sca-c-cpp message

Subject: ISSUE 9: C++ namespace names

An update...

Some additional information.  The Java TC has not discussed this topic yet.  The only feedback when I asked that TC was a preference from Simon Nash to keep the current package names unless a incompatible change was made..

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM on 01/02/2008 09:46 AM -----
"Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
Sent by: Mary McRae <marypmcrae@gmail.com>

12/13/2007 05:06 PM
Please respond to
<mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Subject
RE: [sca-j] package names

Thanks Bryan, for the info. I hadn’t considered actual executable code. I think replacing osoa with oasis is all that would be required; beyond that I would accept best practice. Most TCs aren’t involved in writing code, or it’s done as an external project and not part of the actual TC work product.

I’m glad I asked the question!

Mary