sca-c-cpp message

Subject: Re: [sca-c-cpp] ISSUE 17: Should C++ -> WSDL Roundtrip with WSDL -> C++

As I think about this some more, we are going to have to address mapping from WSDL for at least rpc-literal, doc-literal and wrapped doc-literal.  We could try and limit this, but the reality is that all three styles are in use.

In the reverse direction I believe that again, we cannot ignore doc-literal or wrapped doc-literal since these are popular, and interoperable styles.  We can discuss if we need annotations to control which style is to be generated or leave it  to be specified in an implementation dependent manner (e.g. tool preference).

David has stated the basic principles but now we need to apply them to each style.

I'll try to work on some WSDL fragments of each style that illustrate the principles.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

"David Haney" <haney@roguewave.com>

04/29/2008 07:53 PM

<sca-c-cpp@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[sca-c-cpp] ISSUE 17: Should C++ -> WSDL Roundtrip with WSDL -> C++

Attached is some initial work around redefining the C++ -> WSDL and WSDL
-> C++ mapping.  It still needs quite a bit of work, but there may be
enough there to start discussing whether it's a direction we want to
take.

Thanks.

David.

-- David Haney