sca-c-cpp message

Subject: NEW ISSUE: Rework C++ Packaging

RAISER: Bryan Aupperle

TARGET: SCA C++  Specification section titled "Packaging"  (9 of CD 01)

DESCRIPTION: The packaging sections of our specifications are a bit out of date with the current Assembly specification.  The Assembly specification defines contributions which contain deployable composites as well as imports (artifacts referenced that are outside of the contribution) and exports (parts of a composite that can be referenced by other composites).  Imports and exports are defined as extension points.  There is no mention of contributions in the packaging sections of our specifications, nor is there any discussion of using imports to point to executables that may be outside of a contribution.

PROPOSAL:   None at this time

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com