sca-c-cpp message

Subject: NEW ISSUE: Use #pragms for C/C++ Annotations.

Target: C & C++ C&I Specifications

The current specification uses annotations embedded in comments in order
to provide additional information about methods and arguments.  The
C/C++ languages also provide a #pragma preprocessor directive that
allows specifying additional information to a compiler about the code.
Instead of using comments for SCA annotations, we could instead use
#pragmas.

Pros:
	- Follows convention of other C/C++ extensions (like OpenMP).
	- Allows rudimentary namespacing of directives

Cons:
	- Some compilers will ignore when unrecognized pragmas are
present.
        Users will need to disable those warnings.  (They are required
by
        The standard to not fail on unrecognized pragams).

Proposal:

The simplest implementation would involve replacing the existing
convention of:

// @WebService(name="op1")

With something like:

#pragma sca WebService(name="op1")

We could also investigate changing the format, I'm not sure if that
would be necessary or what that should look like.

-- David Haney
-- Director of Architecture
-- Rogue Wave Software
-- http://www.roguewave.com/