sca-c-cpp message

Subject: NEW ISSUE: Document conventions

Target:                SCA C++ and C C&I Specifications:  sca-cppcni-1.1-spec-cd01-rev3.doc and sca-ccni-1.1-spec-cd01-rev3.doc

The SCA Liaison committee has asked us to add a small section on naming conventions to the
frontmatter of the SCA C++ and C C&I specifications.

This needs to cover conventions for the names that are defined by SCA in particular:

- names of elements and attributes in XSD files
- names of intents

This would be a good place to document typographic conventions as well:

- XML attributes are identified in text as @attribute
- Language identifiers used in text are in courier
- Literals in text are in italics

Proposal:

To each document, add a new section - 1.4:

1.4 Conventions

1.4.1 Naming Conventions
This specification follows some naming conventions for artifacts defined by the specification,
as follows:
1.4.2 Typographic Conventions
This specification follows some typographic conventions for some specific constructs
Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com