sca-c-cpp message

Subject: NEW ISSUE: C Support for Long Running Request-Response Operations

Target: C Client and Implementation Specification

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-33 which points out that some services may implement request-response operations that may take a considerable time (think potentially days) to complete.  The resolution is found in this document: .

We need to consider what, if any, support we which to add for this sort of operation.

On the implementation side, do we want to allow interfaces or functions to be marked as this type of service?

On the client side, do we want to provide either asynchronous or polling functions for these sorts of operations (we could force the binding to deal with the asynchronous nature of the response, but this could leave threads blocked for a long time).

Proposal:

TBD

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

2008-11-12 - SCA-Assembly Issue 33 - Proposal_3.doc