sca-c-cpp message

Subject: ISSUE 59: Additional AllowsPassByReference details

The proposal in the Java TC on this topic expands where the @AllowsPassByReference annotation can be applied to include its use in conjunction with the @Reference annotation.  In this case the client implementation is marked as promising to adhere to the appropriate rules (i.e. not modifying parameter values after making the request or the return value).  Additionally if a client implementation class as a whole, then it is a promise to adhere to the client and provider rules for all implemented services and references used.

We need to decide a couple of things
1) Do we want to extend the current use of AllowsPassByReference on an implementation to cover all references
2) Do we want to extend/modify the syntax to allow individual references to be specified.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com