sca-c-cpp message

Subject: Issue 82: Conformance point highlighting

Here are two drafts for potential resolution to the editorial PR comments in issue 82.  Both fix the broken links, add highlighting to the conformance points (you may need to go to Tools - Options - View and change the Field Shading to either Never or When Selected to see this in the running text but it will show up in the PDF and HTML versions) and adds a item in the typographic conventions list about conformance points.  The comments include a suggestion about adding a reference to appendix F in Section 11 to improve readability, we have already made some other changes in section 11 that may make this remark out of date.  The first option I have prepared has no change in this section.  It is formatted consistently with the Assembly spec.
. The second option removes the conformance points about rejecting non-conforming documents and replaces them with conformance clauses in section 11.2.  This is formatted consistently with the Java specs. .

Since these changes are all editorial, if we approve either draft as a response to the PR comment, we can handle the similar changes to the C spec via an editorial AI.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

sca-cppcni-1.1-spec-cd03-rev2+Issue 82.doc

sca-cppcni-1.1-spec-cd03-rev2+Issue 82(2).doc