sca-c-cpp message

Subject: NEW ISSUE: Improper use of MAY

Target: C++ C&I spec and C C&I spec CD03 Rev 2 of both

Based on discussions in some of the other SCA TCs., the conformance point for @WebParam relative to named vs. unnamed parameters is an improper use of the MAY keyword.  This is not an optional implementation point,  In fact, there is implied, required behavior of an implementation.

Proposal:
Change: The value of the paramName of a @WebParam annotation MUST be the name of a parameter of the member function the annotation is applied to; unnamed parameters MUST NOT be referenced by a @WebParam annotation.
to: The value of the paramName of a @WebParam annotation MUST be the name of a parameter of the member function the annotation is applied to; unnamed parameters MUST NOT be referenced by a @WebParam annotation.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com