sca-c-cpp message

Subject: Re: [sca-j] Publishing Normative Java artifacts

Great. Will you be creating a new version for public review then? (And don't forget to add the resources to the appropriate namespace document(s))

Mary

On Feb 26, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Bryan Aupperle wrote:

This approach would work for  C++ and C as well with the following changes/simplifications:
- Only the zip archive of the APIs would be needed and the section would be named C++ Artifacts or C Artifacts as appropriate.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM on 02/26/2010 11:30 AM -----
From: David Booz/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
To: tc-admin@oasis-open.org
Cc: sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 02/26/2010 11:20 AM
Subject: [sca-j] Publishing Normative Java artifacts

Hi Mary,

Here's the proposal I mentioned in the other email thread.  Some
explanation is necessary, which I've tried to provide.  Speaking in person
might be easier, so I'm happy to do it if necessary.

I've attached the first two pages of our CAA spec to illustrate, with
change marks that embody our proposal. Please ignore the line numbers, they
are not part of the proposal.

The SCA-J TC has voted a new CD04 (which I have not sent to you yet), and
as part of that vote the SCA-J TC would also like to publish 4 additional
items:
1) A zip archive of the Java APIs. This is Java source code and is
considered normative.  I've added a new section called "Java Artifacts"
after "Declared XML Namespace(s)" which has a URI to this proposed new zip
file.
2) A jar archive of compiled Java code. Developers and implementers of the
spec would find this very handy. It is non-normative, so I added a URI for
it to the "Related Work" section.
3) A zip archive of the Javadoc for the Java APIs.  This is something that
developers and implementers of the spec would find very handy. It is a set
of HTML files that can be downloaded and exploded by developers and spec
implementers to use as reference material when writing Java code that uses
the APIs.  The reason for downloading the zip is so that the material is
available when not connected to the internet. This zip is non-normative so
I've added a URI for it to the "Related Work" section.
4) An exploded (or online) version of the Javadoc for the API.  Again, this
is useful to developers and spec implementers, but would be hosted online
by OASIS. This material is non-normative so I've added a URI for it in the
"Related Work" section.

(See attached file: sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd04_frontonly.doc)

The above is all in addition to the Word, HTML, PDF of the spec itself, the
XML schema files for the spec, and updates to the namespace RDDL that
points to all of this stuff.

thanks

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
<sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd04_frontonly.doc>