sca-j-editors message

Subject: RE: working draft management for SCA-J

Hi Dave,

  I would also like to understand that.

  Yesterday we found that there is the additional folder "Shared
Documents: SCA J Editors". That could be the right place for working
drafts. Is that what you refer to by the document repo?

  However: I can only see that folder but not operate on documents
(although I am listed as a member of the sca-j-editors group)

  Personally I find that "Standards" should do as well, since - by the
naming rules - it should be clear what is a working draft and what not
(and documents may be moved later anyway).

Henning

-----Original Message-----
From: David Booz [mailto:booz@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 8. November 2007 19:30
To: sca-j-editors@lists.oasis-open.org; mrowley@bea.com; Blohm, Henning
Subject: working draft management for SCA-J

I've uploaded a few WDs of the EJB SLSB spec based on closed issues,
errata, etc.  Can someone tell me if the documents are in the right
place
and have the right names?  When I look at the document repo for SCA-J,
in
the standards folder I see 3 entries for the SLSB spec.  One is for the
contribution, one is for the contribution converted into OASIS template,
and the 3rd contains revisions with the changes I've made for Issues and
errata inclusion.  I just found out today that there's a specific group
for
editors with our own document repo.  Should we be using that repo
instead
of the main TC repo in some way?  There was some discussion today on the
SCA-Bindings TC about not making WDs publicly available.  The SLSB WDs
that
I uploaded are publicly available.

I don't have a strong opinion how we go about this, would be nice to
have
some guiding principles in place before the workload gets heavy.

Dave Booz
STSM, SCA and WebSphere Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
http://washome.austin.ibm.com/xwiki/bin/view/SCA2Team/WebHome