sca-j-editors message

Subject: Question about copyright notice in the boilerplate

Hi Mary,

I'm one of the editors for the SCA J TC. We are considering approving
the 1st CD next week and have the draft ready. Two questions regarding this:

1) My understanding is that the metadata related to the spec can be
changed *after* the CD is approved by the TC. By metadata, I mean the
status, URLs etc on page 1 and the footers. Is that correct? What about
the 'Notice' on page 3?

2) Could you also tell us what year should be used in the copyright notice?
Copyright © OASIS® 2007,8. All Rights Reserved. OR
Copyright © OASIS® 2008. All Rights Reserved. OR
something else.

In our case, we made the initially "working drafts" publicly available
on the TC's website (by uploaded the docs to the 'document' section) in
2007, but we are approving the 1st CD in 2008. We have not made anything
available on the docs.oasis-open.org website in 2007.

Any guidance on this is much appreciated.

Thanks.

-Anish