sca-j-editors message

Subject: Re: [sca-j-editors] New editor questions: What do I need?

I also have and use Word 2000. And also generate HTML from Word. But
Word includes a lot of bloat in the HTML that we don't need (to allow
round-tripping). I usually use HTML Tidy [1] + Office 2000 HTML filter
[2] on the HTML generated by Word. I don't know how it is for HTML
generated by later versions of Word, but using Tidy is usually a good idea.

For PDF, I have used Acrobat Pro, PDFCreator (which creates a printer
for you -- this may be what Ashok is talking about) and OpenOffice --
they all work well. For OpenOffice, at least on Windoze, the HTML
generated has problems wrt OASIS guidelines for HTML.

HTH.

-Anish
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/