sca-j-editors message

Subject: Re: [sca-j-editors] How should my remaining editorial comments be applied?

Mark,

Comments inline...

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

"Mark Combellack" <mcombellack@avaya.com>

27/05/2008 15:16

<sca-j-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[sca-j-editors] How should my remaining editorial comments be applied?

Hi,

I’ve applied most of my editorial changes from [1] and posted the updated document [2]

I have a few remaining changes that I was unsure how they should be handled. The remaining changes are:

Page 31: Line 967
Page 44: Line 1594
Injection into private field – thought this was not allowed. Should change field to protected.

Should this one be left since this issue is still under discussion?

<mje> There are 2 issues open in this area.  I'd leave this until they are resolved</mje>

Page 32: Line 995
Add an example of how this annotation is used. Many of the other annotations have examples

I’m not sure how the @Constructor annotation should be used.

<mje>
OK, I'm unwary enough to suggest a sample  ;-)

package services.hello;

import org.osoa.sca.annotations.*;

@Service(HelloService.class)
public class HelloServiceImpl implements HelloService {

      public HelloServiceImpl(){
   }

   @Constructor
   public HelloServiceImpl( String someProperty ){
   }

        public String hello(String message) {
     }

   }

</mje>

Page 33: Line 1080
Add a description of @EagerInit and an example.

Is there an official description for this?

<mje>Should raise an issue for this.  This is a bit beyond editorial work</mje>

Page 56: Line 2073
Why is example 1 after examples 2a and 2b on Page 51 Line 1862 and Page 52 Line 1913
Also, why do we have these examples labelled inconsistently with the rest of the document? None of the other examples/samples are labelled by number.
There is also Example 3 on Page 59 Line 2196

<mje> Good question - need to have a consistent policy about labelling examples.

There are probably too many code examples in this document to make it worthwhile labelling them
</mje>

I won’t object if one of the other editors wants to pick up these changes and make them with any other edits they have to do J

Thanks,

Mark

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200805/msg00002.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j-editors/200805/msg00011.html