Subject: RE: [sca-j] NEW ISSUE: When is a RequestContext available?

The Appendix C of the Assembly specification is the closest I can think
of for a glossary of the terms.

The Assembly specification in several places makes statements on the
lines of - A component is a configured instance of an implementation. So
I guess a component itself is an instance. So calling a component
instance as just that (that is - 'the component instance') may be better
than calling it 'an instance of the component' (which I believe
incorrectly hints at the possibility of multiple instance of the same
component). Now there is a possibility of multiple instances of the same
component in the implementation hierarchy (via implementation.composite)
of the SCA domain, but I guess you were not referring to that case.

BTW, I searched the Assembly spec for all occurrences of the term
'instance' and couldn't find the term used for indicating 'instance of a
component' anywhere.

I get a feeling that we are now on the path of splitting hairs :-)

-- Sanjay