Subject: RE: [sca-j] NEW ISSUE: Redirecting callbacks

Actually I'm saying the exact opposite.  If client A invokes service B
with a callback destination of C, the lifecycle of endpoint C should not
be tied in any way to the lifecycle of the callback endpoint for A.  The
only tie should be between B's lifecycle and C's lifecycle.  If B calls
direct to C, this goal is achieved.  If B calls back to A and A forwards
the callback invocation to C, the lifecycle of A's callback endpoint is
tied to some combination of C's lifecycle and B's lifecycle.

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

"Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>
30/01/2008 23:24

Simon Nash/UK/IBM@IBMGB, "OASIS Java" <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [sca-j] NEW ISSUE: Redirecting callbacks

Not sure I follow. Are you suggesting that the lifecycle of the endpoint
providing the callback  interface should be tied up with the lifecycle
of the client component invoking the bidi interface. If yes, then this
concern should equally apply even when the callback invocation is not
redirected through the client component.

-- Sanjay