Subject: RE: [sca-j] package names

Mary,
OK, we will hold off.  In a situation like this it is hard to know what is the best way to interlock TC discussions and decisions with OASIS staff discussions.  The TC does not yet have a formal resolution to this naming issue, but in a recent "straw poll" there was strong support for keeping the names unchanged.  One possibility would be for OASIS staff members concerned with this topic to attend a TC call where this issue is being discussed.  Please let me know if you think this would be helpful.

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

"Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
Sent by: Mary McRae <marypmcrae@gmail.com>

10/03/2008 01:25
Please respond to
<mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

Simon Nash/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
"'Mary McRae'" <marypmcrae@gmail.com>, "'Michael Rowley'" <mrowley@bea.com>, <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [sca-j] package names

Hi Simon,

  I’d appreciate it if you could hold off for a few more days – some additional comments were received after I sent my note and I may have a couple of questions to be answered first. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,

Mary

Many thanks for this input.  The sca-j TC will now proceed to a formal decision on the package names.

   Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

"Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
Sent by: Mary McRae <marypmcrae@gmail.com>

07/03/2008 16:30

Please respond to
<mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

Simon Nash/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
"'Michael Rowley'" <mrowley@bea.com>, <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [sca-j] package names

Hi Simon et al,

 Thank you for this input. I have circulated this message among staff and we agree that the Java package names should not be changed.

 Should the TC at some point in the future create new Java APIs, we (OASIS staff) anticipate working with the committee members to arrive at an acceptable package name that is linked to OASIS.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae

Manager of TC Administration, OASIS