Subject: [sca-j] ISSUE 25 - Callback Simplification

Last week I took an action to produce a written up proposal for callback simplification by today.  I have uploaded this to the document repository as
  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/27649/JAVA-25-Proposal.doc.

The content of this proposal corresponds to the "Callback Simplification" section of the proposal sent out by Michael R, and does not address the changes proposed in the "API Simplification" section.  I think it is best to have these discussions separately.

This proposal corresponds to what I was describing at the sca-j F2F with two changes / additions:

1. Outstanding callbacks don't pin conversational objects after the conversation's creator has ended the conversation.

2. In all cases, the caller of a bidirectional interface creates the callback EPR that will be used (including any reference parameters needed).

I believe the issues that still need to be discussed and resolved are as follows:

a) Should all 4 combinations of conversational and non-conversational forward and callback interfaces be allowed, or only 2 of these?

b) Should the callback interface used to make callbacks to a conversation-scoped component be marked as conversational?

c) Should each forward request within a conversation generate a unique ID that is not part of business data and is returned with the callback?

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

Unless stated otherwise above: