Subject: Re: [sca-j] Election of new co-chair for SCA-J TC

hi,

Here are the relevant extracts from the TC Process concerning chair
elections:

A vacancy in chairing a TC shall be deemed to exist when (i) the Chair
or one or both co-Chairs has been removed, (ii) the Chair or one or
both co-Chairs has resigned the position, or (iii) the Chair or one or
both co-Chairs ceases to be a Member of the TC. Vacancies in chairing
a TC shall be filled by election from the TC Members; the TC may elect
at any time by vote to elect a co-Chair, if only one Chair is seated,
or to leave a second seat vacant. Any TC chair or co-chair election
shall be by Full Majority Vote of the TC, with each winning candidate
having received a full majority vote regardless of the number of
candidates.

"Full Majority Vote" is a TC vote in which more than 50% (more than
half) of the Voting Members vote "yes", regardless of the number of
Voting Members present in the meeting. Abstentions are not counted.
For example, in a TC in which there are 20 Voting Members, at least 11
Voting Members must vote "yes" for a motion to pass.

Note: If you get trouble achieving the full majority requirement at a
telecon, you can do the vote by web ballot i believe.

cheers,
   jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Web Services Standards