Subject: Proposal for Working with the SCA JEE Integration Specification

Folks,

This email is a notification to the TC of proposals that I intend to make at a future SCA-J TC meeting
- I put them out here for discussion and debate ahead of that time in the hope that we can reach a consensus
before that meeting.

Proposal 1
----------------

The SCA-J TC accepts the OSOA SCA JEE Integration Specification V1.00 which has been contributed to
the TC.

The SCA-J TC agrees to work towards the publication of an OASIS specification which deals with the area of
function covered by the OSOA SCA JEE Specification, that specification to be called:

"OASIS SCA JEE Integration Specification V1.1"

Proposal 2
_________

The SCA-J TC establishes a subcommittee to deal with the OASIS SCA JEE Integration Specification V1.1,
which will run its own set of meetings to progress the specification, separate from those of the main SCA-J TC.

I note that Proposal 1 is essentially already part of the charter of the SCA-J TC, since this specification was
always envisaged to be part of the work of the SCA-J TC.  Proposal 1 formalizes the start of the activity.

Proposal 2 is based on the experiences of the OSOA team in preparing the JEE specification, where the
specialized knowledge required to deal with JEE led to a different membership of the team handling
this specification, dealing with issues that are very different from those of the main SCA-J TC.  I note that
the OSOA JEE team used to meet regularly in a Friday slot that was well separated from those of other
SCA TC activities - discussions with other OSOA members who are also OASIS members suggest that
this Friday slot might be a good time for the proposed OASIS work, but of course the views of all OASIS
members are welcome and will be taken into consideration.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: