Subject: Draft f2f minutes day 2 - 16 July 05

Title: Message

anish test
Simon Nash: ------------------------
Wednesday July 16
------------------------

9.00 - 9.15 Roll call
Appointment of scribe
Agenda bashing

9.15 - 10.30 Plan for completion of specs: Spring, binding.ejb, JavaCAA, Java C&I
JAVA-3 Local services expose implementation classes as their type
JAVA-38 Inconsistent rules for the use of @reference annotation

10.30 - 10.50 Break

10.50 - 11.10 SCA JEE Integration Specification

11.10 - 12.30 Issues discussion
JAVA-27 Security Annotations in generated Component Type
JAVA-30 "Process" Scope
JAVA-21 Clarify Request Scope lifetime

12.30 - 1.30 Lunch

1.30 - 3.20 Issues discussion
JAVA-13 ComponentContext.getProperty(...) ill defined
JAVA-14 Conversation Attributes are not in Java Schema
JAVA-41 Inconsistent method description for @Init and @Destroy annotations

3.20 - 3.40 Break

3.40 - 5.50 Plan for next meeting

3.50 - 5.30 Issues discussion
JAVA-39 Incorrect example in Java Component Implementation Spec v1.00 - Sec 1.2.4 (Anish)
JAVA-47 Missing description of what the @EagerInit annotation does
JAVA-48 @Callback annotation does not feature in section on Interfaces
JAVA-49 Version requirements for SDO, JAXB and JAX-WS

5.30 Adjourn
Pradeep: Scribe Pradeep
Pradeep: Simon suggests starting with issue 25
Jim Marino: I wouldn't mind doing that
Pradeep: Issue 25 will be done at 10:50 after the break
Jim Marino: k sorry a little difficult to hear
Pradeep: Start with plan for committee draft then switch to JAVA-2
Pradeep: Agenda approved with above changes
Pradeep: Onto first item in Agenda - Plan for committee draft.
Pradeep: Anish: Do we do CD for common annotation spec or all of them?
Pradeep: Simon: Start with common with common annotation spec, which is what we have worked on most.
Pradeep: Anish: Incremental work required for a CD is low. We do all of them.
Pradeep: Simon + Martin - We don't have to.
Simon Nash: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200807/msg00006.html
Pradeep: Simon: After end of today's meeting, we should get things into the CD in 2 weeks. This is action item for Anish.
Pradeep: July 31st deadline for the above. Vote on August 7.
Pradeep: Simon: moves to create CD for common annotation only
Pradeep: No seconds. Motion does not carry.
Pradeep: Anish moves to instruct editors to get all specs (CAA, Java & Spring, EJB) into CD by July 31st.
Pradeep: No seconds. Motion fails.
Pradeep: Martin moves to make CD of common annotations (CAA) and produce draft in 2 weeks.
Pradeep: Simon seconds
Pradeep: No objection. Motion carries.
Pradeep: Next item on Agenda - JAVA-2
Simon Nash: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-2
Pradeep: Action item for Vladimir to come up with a proposal.
Pradeep: Next item in the agenda - Plan for completion of specs: Spring, binding.ejb, JavaCAA, Java C&I
Pradeep: Anish: We should have a deadline and coordinate with assembly and policy TCs.
Bryan Aupperle: It is hard to hear many of you.
Mark Combellack1: I've moved the microphone - is it any clearer?
Bryan Aupperle: Yes, that helps.  Thanks
Mark Combellack1: np
Pradeep: Simon moves to set Deadline of September 15th for new features to be raised for all the 4 specs (Spring, binding.ejb, JavaCAA, Java C&I).
Jim Marino: is this a special effect for Simon
Pradeep: Simon moves to set Deadline of September 15th for any new issues to be raised for all the 4 specs (Spring, binding.ejb, JavaCAA, Java C&I). After that the bar is high for all issues.
Pradeep: Simon moves to set Deadline of September 15th for any new issues to be raised for all the 4 specs (Spring, binding.ejb, JavaCAA, Java C&I). After that the bar is high for any new issues.
Pradeep: Sanjay seconds
Pradeep: Martin moves to ammend the date to September 30th.
Pradeep: No seconds on Martin's motion.
Pradeep: Martin objects to the motion.
Pradeep: Vote on the motion - 6 Yes, 1 No. The motion passes.
Pradeep: Martin moves - From September 16th to raise a new issue follows exactly the same process for re-opening an issue, which is 2/3 majority of all voting members.
Pradeep: Anish seconds.
Pradeep: No objections. Motion passes.
Pradeep: Action items for Anish to rais the issue of schedule and motions approved in this TC to the liason committee, policy and assembly TC.
Pradeep: Action for the chairs to create a schedule for the completion of the TC's work with help from Anish.
Pradeep: Break till 11:15am PDT.
Pradeep: Meeting resumes
Pradeep: Next item on Agenda - JAVA-25
Pradeep: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-25
Pradeep: Simon presenting his proposal - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200807/msg00041.html
Pradeep: Simon's original email http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200807/msg00040.html
Jim Marino: CallableReference is immutable in this proposal, right?
Pradeep: Simon: Yes
Bryan Aupperle: What happens when the reference has multiplicity > 1?
Pradeep: Simon: You get an array of callable references.
Jim Marino: I need to leave for a prior engagement. I will call back in later.
Pradeep: Break till 1:30PM PDT for lunch.
Mark Combellack: test
Mark Combellack: We are about to resume. Will redial the bridge soon
Simon Nash: test
Martin C: scribe: Martin C
Simon Nash: draft motion: The TC agrees that the model for non-conversational callbacks described in points 1-8 is a useful basis for further progress and should be written up formally with exact wording changes to the JavaCAA spec
Simon Nash: points 1-8 refer to http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200807/msg00040.html
Martin C: Martin: are we binding ourselves too much here
Martin C: Simon: deliberately not
Martin C: Mike E: Concern is in the details, and cannot really be shared with bindings yet
Martin C: Mark: same concern
Martin C: Mike E: how much needs to be shared with bindings
Martin C: Martin: we need to share the generic aspects of this model
Martin C: Martin: its too premature to share
Martin C: Martin: an intermediate version would be nice
Martin C: Mark: too early for spec wording/changes, would prefer an Action Item not a motion
Martin C: Mike E: Assembly and Bindings will be affected and will need to be written in a non java specific way.
Martin C: Martin: can the generic and the java specific aspects be separated.
Martin C: Simon: can define the terminology such as callable reference in a non java specific way
Martin C: ACTION: Simon to draft a new version that will include a generic callback model section and a Java specific one. By 7th August 08
Martin C: Topic: SCA JEE integration
Pradeep: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/28798/SCA_JAVAEE_Integration_V100.pdf
Martin C: Motion by Anish: Accept the OSOA SCA JAVA EE contribution made by Mike Edwards: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/28798/SCA_JAVAEE_Integration_V100.pdf
Martin C: Mike E 2nds
Martin C: no objections. Motion passes unanimously
Martin C: Anish: do we need to have a sub-commitee to work on this spec
Martin C: Martin: sub-committees cannot not make TC binding decisions
Martin C: Anish: Attendance at a SC meeting doesnt count towards voting right
Martin C: Martin: issues cannot be accpeted and proposals cannot be adopted by a TC
Martin C: s/tc/SC/
Martin C: Simon: sounds like want the SC to go away and operate independently and come back when almost done
Martin C: how often is it seen that the SC will come back to the TC
Bryan Aupperle: I'm dropping off now.
Martin C: Anish: will go away for a few months. SC list is open to all
Martin C: Simon, problems either way, but main TC will be asked about issues without all the context of the SC discussions
Martin C: Anish: understand concern but allternative is to have two calls a week that are both in good standing
Martin C: s/in/required for/
Martin C: Mark: at this stage its applying a template and minor edits
Martin C: Anish: thats an Editors SC issue
Martin C: Anish: Java EE integration very complicated requires more effort than say spring
Martin C: Martin: two options 1. extend the call time, 2 divide each weekly meeting into sessions
Martin C: draft motion: create a Sub-Committee to focus on the SCA JAVA EE specification, whose charter is to draft new issues for SCA JAVA EE, draft proposal to said issues, and edit TC approved proposals to said issues
Simon Nash: draft motion: create a Sub-Committee to focus on the SCA JAVA EE specification, whose charter is to draft new issues for SCA JAVA EE, draft proposal to said issues, bring issues and proposals to the TC for decision, and edit TC approved proposals to said issues
Martin C: Martin motion: create a Sub-Committee to focus on the SCA JAVA EE specification, whose charter is to draft new issues for SCA JAVA EE, draft proposal to said issues, bring issues and proposals to the TC for decision, and edit TC approved proposals to said issues
Martin C: 2nd Mike E
Martin C: passed w/o
Martin C: Action Items: Chairs to request TC-Admin to set up the Sub-Committee (JEE SC)
Martin C: Action Items: chairs to send email to the J TC list asking for members to sign up to the SC.
Martin C: Topic: cherry pick
Martin C: Topic: JAVA-21 clarify request cope lifetime
Martin C: s/cope/scope/
Martin C: discussion ensued
Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button
Martin C: No full understanding of request scope, and Jim not on call to clarify
Martin C: some feelings that request scope needs axing
Martin C: reluctant to fix this if the whole area needs revisiting
Martin C: Topic: Next F2F meeting
Martin C: Agreed to a 3 day meeting, during week of 10-14th november (Bindings get to decide who goes first)
Martin C: Mark offers Cardiff as a location, the TC accepts
Martin C: Topic: JAVA-30
Martin C notes that these java issues highlight that assembly needs to re-address conversations, lifecycle and instances
Martin C: Martin: notes that these java issues highlight that assembly needs to re-address conversations, lifecycle and instances
Martin C: Martin: maybe premature to add a new scope
Martin C: Mark: have a look at this and see if a proposal needs to be made to Assembly
Martin C: Mike: is there any relationships between instances on different processes
Martin C: Anish: the doesnt seem to have much to do with scope but whether its local or not
Martin C: Simon: would composite scope and local solve this
Martin C: Action: Mike Edwards to propose new wording for section 2.2.3. (this may or may not resolve the issue)
Martin C: Note that there is no need to change the name of composite scope to domain scope. Since a domain is a composite the same rules apply!
Martin C: Topic: Java-1
Simon Nash: action Mike E: clean up JAVA-1 spam
Martin C: Do we need a new issues editor
Martin C: Simon asks for volunteers
Martin C: 3
Martin C: 2
Martin C: 1
Martin C: no volunteer
Martin C: s/no/Anish/
Martin C: Martin Motions to Appoint Anish as the SCA J TC Issues editor
Martin C: 2nd by Mark
Martin C: passed w/o
Martin C: Back to Java-1
Simon Nash: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200803/msg00020.html
Simon Nash: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200804/msg00018.html
Simon Nash: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200803/msg00061.html
Martin C: Discussion over the three outline proposals from Ron, Mike R, and Mike E
Martin C thinks we are running out of time
Mark Combellack1: Mark agrees
Martin C: ACTION: Mike E to provide a worked example of his proposal, and to show the invocation model
Martin C: Motion to Adjourn
Martin C: objected
Martin C: prior to adjourning the TC thanked Pradeep for hosting.
Martin C: Meeting Adjourned

GIF image